Preference #1 | I'm in love with you.

BELLAMY BLAKE

Bellamy looked at you with intense eyes, the rest of the group waiting for him at the gate. 

"Just be careful out there, okay?" You asked him, holding his hands in yours. You couldn't dare to let yourself think this would be the last time you got to touch him, the last time you would see him alive. You had to believe, just like every time he left, that he would come back. "I don't know what I'd do if you-"

"Hey," he cut you off, shaking his head. "Don't even think about that. I'll be okay."

"I know," you smiled weakly.

"I'm in love with you," he said, holding your face in his hands. "Remember? I'll always come back."

He kissed you goodbye, lingering after he pulled away. He always made sure to get one final look at you  before leaving- just in case it was his last.

   ♡ ♡ ♡ 

JOHN MURPHY

Murphy collapsed onto the bed next to you, the two of you breathless and exhausted. You exhaled heavily, returning to reality as you gradually came down from your high. 

"That was grand, as usual," Murphy quipped, leaning over and peppering your neck with kisses.

You sighed contently, smiling at the feeling of his eyelashes brushing against your skin. "I try my best."

He trailed his kisses up to your jaw, lips eventually finding yours. He kissed you with passion and necessity, a hand reaching up to caress your face as he deepened the kiss.

Your hands instinctively reached up to cup his face, but he pulled away abruptly. You looked at him in confusion. "Is something wrong?" you asked, red dusting your cheeks from the embrace.

"I can't keep doing this," he said, moving away from his position above you.

"What?"

"This," he motioned between the two of you, "Whatever this is- friends with benefits, whatever. I can't keep doing it." 

You looked at him, not knowing what to say. "I don't understand-"

"I'm in love with you," he confessed.

♡ ♡ ♡  

JASPER JORDAN

"I'm in love with you," you admitted, looking at your best friend with hopeful eyes. 

Jasper stayed silent, shock written on his features. You knew it. You knew he wasn't going to return your feelings and yet you told him anyway. The best relationship you'd ever had, ruined. And all because you couldn't just push your affection to the side.

"I'm sorry," you immediately apologized. "Forget I said that, please. Oh, shit I can't believe I just did tha- mmph!"

You were cut off by Jasper's lips on yours, your eyes widening in surprise. The kiss only lasted for a second before he pulled away. 

"I'm in love with you too," he said, nervous laughter escaping him.

You beamed. The dread that had previously filled your body was replaced by a rush of happiness and adrenaline, followed by a surge of confidence. You pulled Jasper back in for another kiss- this time a proper one.

♡ ♡ ♡

FINN COLLINS

"Finn," you gasped, reaching for his hand as you were placed onto a stretcher. The hatchet lodged in your stomach was making it difficult for you to breath.

"Y/N," he begged, tears clouding his vision as he walked along side of your body. "Come on, stay awake for me, please."

Your vision was growing hazy,the pain overwhelming you. "Finn, listen to me," you asked him, needing him to know the truth. "I love you, Finn. I'm in love with you."

He whimpered, feeling like he had been punched. He couldn't lose you, not now, not ever. "I love you too, Y/N."

You reached up a weak arm, wiping away one of his fallen tears. 

"Please don't leave me, Y/N. Please. I'm so scared," he sobbed. The two of you were indifferent to those surrounding you, only focusing on each other. 

"It's okay to be scared," you said, using his own words to try to comfort him. You were so close to passing out; you could no longer feel most of your body. 

"Finn," you asked, voice barely strong enough to make your last request. "Please be there when I wake up again."

♡ ♡ ♡

MONTY GREEN  

"Monty!" you screamed, watching as two people in hazmat suits began to escort him out of his mysterious white room. He made eye contact with you from across the hall, stare desperate for help. 

 "Y/N!" he shouted back to you, fear coating his voice.

"Let him go!" you begged, the lump in your throat growing bigger as your thoughts began to race. Where were they taking him? What were they going to do to him? Would you ever be able to see him again?

You banged on the door. "Leave him alone! Take me- please, take me instead!"

 Monty looked to you desperately. He wished he could comfort you, calm you down. He was scared, but all that he wanted was for you to be okay.

"I love you, Monty!" you yelled as they led him down the hall. He turned back to look at you, expression filled with a complex longing. "I'm in love with you," you yelled again, hand feebly slamming against the inside of your door. You let yourself collapse onto the floor when Monty was dragged out of sight. You dissolved into your own sobs, not knowing if you'd ever see the boy again, unsure if you'd ever know whether he felt the same way.