Like That | Bellamy Blake

REQUEST

Hey, could you do the 28 and 29 from prompt list #5 with Bellamy? Btw, loved "Thank You" with Murphy, keep up the good work ☺️

#28: "Wait what?" 

#29: "I have to share a tent with wHO?"

"I have to share a tent with wHO?" Bellamy asked, voice raising in annoyance and disbelief

"Don't act so happy," you replied sarcastically, walking up to where Clarke and Bellamy stood arguing.

"Not her," he pointed to you, attempting to bargain with Clarke. "Look, anyone else. I'm sure we can find another arrangement."

You rolled your eyes, trying to play off the sinking feeling in your stomach. The two of you hated each other, but that didn't mean you were immune to the things he said. "You think I didn't already try that? Were stuck together, Blake. No use whining about it."

Clarke sighed. "Look, maybe we can sort something out in the morning. For now, I just need you to act like an adult, okay?"

Bellamy huffed in frustration as she walked away, leaving the two of you alone.

"Well, I'm going to bed," you said, breaking the silence. "You can either share the tent with me, or sleep out here by the fire. Doesn't really matter to me."

"It's my tent," Bellamy argued. "If anyone's sleeping outside, it's you."

"I wouldn't give you the satisfaction," you said, walking away. Bellamy didn't hesitate to follow you.

"Just don't touch anything," he said as the two of you entered the tent. "You can sleep over there." He gestured to a barren corner of the tent.

"Okay, pass me some blankets then."

He scoffed. "I have to share a tent with you- nothing else."

"So I'm supposed to sleep on the floor of your tent with no covers? No pillow? No blanket?" You looked at him skeptically.

He shrugged. "Not my problem, princess."

You shook your head, knowing he wouldn't be this difficult for anyone else.

"Fuck you, Bellamy." You strode out of the tent, refusing to humiliate yourself like that.

You made your way back to the fire, which was thankfully still going. Maybe you could go a night without sleep- you'd just have to take it easy with your duties tomorrow and save your energy. Maybe if you were lucky you could even catch a little shuteye right where you were.

That idea was quickly proven unlikely as a breeze came through the camp. You pulled your jacket tighter around you. Even with the warmth of the fire, it was too cold to sleep outside. You didn't realize how much warmer it had been in the tent, even without any covering.

The sound of footsteps approaching made you look up from the fire, only to make eye contact with the one person you didn't want to see.

"You're stubborn as hell, you know that?" Bellamy asked.

"Leave me alone."

"You can't sleep out here," he reasoned.

"Better out here than in a tent with you," you snapped, looking at him in frustration. "Why are you even out here, anyway? You got what you wanted, I'm out of your way."

"I'm trying to be nice, Y/N."

"So was I!" you argued, standing up to face him. "I was trying to make things less miserable between us, I was trying to be civil and just suck it up. You were the one who was an ass about it, so don't try to act like you're taking the moral high ground."

"Will you just come back to the tent?" he asked, patience at its end.

"The thing that annoys me the most about you is that I don't even know what I did to make you hate me!" You continued to rant, ignoring the offer. It was as if the tension of your relationship had built up to this breaking point.

Bellamy looked away, the light of the fire dancing on his face.

"From the first thing you said to me you've been nothing but rude. Everyday I have to put up with you belittling me and arguing with me- and for what? Why do you hate me, Bellamy?"

"I don't!" he answered, eyes meeting yours.

He paused for a moment, trying to think of what to say.

"Y/N...I don't hate you, I just..." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I can't let myself like you as much as I do."

You looked up at him, confusion embedded in your expression. "Wait... what? Like me?"

Bellamy nodded, his confidence wavering under your intense gaze. He couldn't even look at you anymore.

You never thought of Bellamy as someone you could like. He was arrogant and rude, especially to you. But this side of Bellamy, this soft, shy side? It made your heart melt.

"Why wouldn't you just tell me?" you asked.

"Because I can't let myself get attached, Y/N," he explained, voice gruff. "The Earth can take anyone away at any time, we've seen it happen already. It's easier to lose someone you don't care about."

You reached a hand up to his face, guiding him to look you in the eyes. "Not if you're just pretending not to care."

"Well then what am I supposed to do?" he questioned lowly.

"You do what you can with the time you're given. You make the most of it. If I die, do you really want to remember our relationship like the one we've had so far?"

"So what if I let myself be happy, then?" he mused, your hand still lingering on his cheek, eyes locked together. "What happens when it gets taken away from me?"

"If, Bellamy. Not when. You can't think like that."

"I have to," he countered. "Down here, I have to."

You shook your head, needing him to understand that it wasn't doing him any good to believe that. "If you don't let yourself be happy, you'll only be able to think of the things you didn't do. At least if you let yourself enjoy things while they last, you'll have happy memories to look back on."

Bellamy looked at you, eyes roaming your face. He swallowed thickly. "Like this?"

And suddenly he was kissing you. Your eyes grew wide in surprise, before you relaxed into him. Your hand stroked his face, grazing over healing scars. Both of his hands were planted firmly on your waist, their warmth sending shivers down your spine.

You smiled as he pulled away.

"Yeah," you sighed. "Like that."