My Hero | John Murphy

REQUEST  

 can i request a murphy imagine where like you've been overworking lately bc someone made a comment about how you slack off and it rubbed you the wrong way, and he notices and tries to tell you to take it easy, but you don't listen and end up fainting and he gets really worried and stuff (even though you two dont know each other that well)?? i love your writing btw!!

You winced as you walked out of your tent, still not used to the pain in your leg. It had been almost a week since your hunting accident, but the injury still lingered. Clarke told you a long healing process was normal, so you weren't too worried- just annoyed that you couldn't do much for the time being.

You walked towards the center of camp, unsure of what you'd be doing today. You had always been on hunting duty before, but since you'd gotten hurt you'd been on a new job nearly everyday. As you passed a group of people, you happened to hear your name, causing you to stop and take a few steps back, obscuring yourself from their view.

"What job are you putting Y/N on today?" It was Bellamy's voice.

"I don't know yet. It's confusing having to move people around, but most jobs don't need an extra person," Clarke replied.

"So tell Y/N to stop slacking and get back to hunting," he replied, annoyance heavy in his voice.

"Bellamy, she's still healing."

"So are a lot of people," he argued. "But most of us at least have the decency to suck it up and do what we have to."

You turned on your heel, having heard enough. You went back to your tent and quickly grabbed your spear, the weight of it familiar in your hand. You shifted your weight from foot to foot, testing the strength of your leg. "I can do this," you mumbled, assuring yourself.

Walking into camp with your head held high, you found Bellamy and Clarke, still talking where they had been before. "Hey, is there a hunt today?"

"Of course," Bellamy replied, smirking at Clarke.

Clarke eyed the weapon in your hand disapprovingly. "You need to rest."

"Look, I'm feeling a lot better today. I can hunt," you promised, knowing it was a lie.

She thought it over for a second before nodding. "Okay. You know your body. Just be careful, alright?"

You smiled. "I will."

"Well then, welcome back," Bellamy turned to you as Clarke left. "I hate to admit it, but the team definitely noticed a difference without you- a bad one."

"Well, you lose a member and you're bound to reel in a smaller hunt." You shrugged, now a little wary of the boy. You knew he meant well and just wanted the camp to be fed, but the comment about you "slacking off" still stung a bit.