Preference 3 | "I don't want to talk about it."

BELLAMY BLAKE

Your boyfriend had been different ever since he returned from Mount Weather. He was quieter, less confident, more evasive. You knew what he needed was to talk about it, but every time you tried to get him to open up, it only seemed to close him off more. 

"What's on your mind?" you asked him one night, the two of you looking up at the stars from inside Camp Jaha. To you, everything seemed like it had improved. You felt safe and protected inside the camp, and you and Bellamy actually had moments like this where you could relax. There was no constant dread hanging over everyone's heads, and many campers had been reunited with their families. But you hurt for the boy next to you and the war you knew was happening in his head.

"Nothing," he replied, not taking his eyes off the sky.

"Bellamy," you prodded, placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked over at you.

"I don't want to talk about it." 

"I know," you said, looking down at your lap. You never wanted to make him uncomfortable; you wouldn't bring it up if you didn't think it would help him. "But you're bottling it all up inside you, Bells. I'm worried."

He sighed, placing his hand over the one you had resting on him. "You don't need to be."

"I just want you to feel like yourself again," you confessed.

Bellamy nodded sadly. "Me too."

♡ ♡ ♡

JOHN MURPHY

"Do you remember what you said to me before I was banished?" Murphy asked. You were tending to his wounds, his body covered in cuts from the grounders.

"I don't want to talk about it," you mumbled. You did remember. You had confessed your feelings for Murphy, and he had told you that he wasn't sure if he wanted to be with you. The boy had basically broken your heart. You had cried for days after his banishment, and it hurt you to see him like this. 

"Y/N-"

"Don't," you begged. "Whatever you're going to say, just don't. Don't apologize for not feeling the same way, don't make fun of me, don't ask me if I still feel that way, don't say anything. It was just a dumb crush- let's leave it at that."

"All I could think about was you," he confessed.

You looked at him, stunned.

"I couldn't let myself die without telling you the truth. Of course I felt the same way about you. I knew I did from the moment we met, I was just too proud to tell you."

You let the tears that had built behind your eyes fall. "I missed you, John."

♡ ♡ ♡

JASPER JORDAN

"What was the fight about anyway?" you questioned. Your best friend wasn't exactly the kind to lash out.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jasper answered. 

"You," Monty answered for him. Jasper looked at his friend in shock. Monty shrugged at him, turning back to you. "He was standing up for you, because even though he wont say it, he's really, really in love with you."

With that, Monty walked away, leaving you and Jasper bewildered. 

"Sorry," Jasper immediately apologized. He began to ramble, too nervous to notice the way you were looking at him. "I know you can stand up for yourself, but I couldn't stand hearing them say stuff about you. I just got mad and-"

"Is that true?" you asked.

Jasper gulped. "That I'm in love with you?"

You nodded.

"Yes," he confessed. "Very."

♡ ♡ ♡

FINN COLLINS

"I don't want to talk about it," you said, heart racing. Finn was comforting you after a nightmare, holding your body close, your shaking hands in his.

"We don't have to," he said.

"God, I don't even want to think about it," you said, starting to get up in frustration. "I need to go for a walk or something, find a distraction-"

Finn grabbed your arm, smirking. "What about me?"

"You want to come with me?" you asked, confused.

Finn shook his head, smiling. "What I mean is, what about me as your distraction? I can think of a few things I can do to clear your head."

"Oh?" You grinned, walking back over. "I guess if you think you're up to it."

"Oh, I know I am," Finn replied, pulling you back onto the bed with him.

♡ ♡ ♡

MONTY GREEN

"Truth or dare?" Miller asked you. Some of the 100 had gotten a group together to play a game, and you had let Harper drag you into it.

"Uh, truth," you shrugged. You figured it was probably the less gross option.

"Okay," Miller nodded. "What did you do to get arrested on the ark?"

You froze for a second, before forcing a laugh out. "Very funny, you know I'm not telling you that."

"You've been avoiding the question since we got here, Y/N," Miller confronted you. "Besides, that's the point of the game- you have to say."

You rolled your eyes, trying to hide your discomfort with attitude. "I think I'll pass my turn, then."

"Not an option. Come on, just play the game and tell us," he continued.

You stood up, voice shaking as you spoke. "I don't want to talk about it."

You quickly walked away from the group, many teenagers shouting how it was against the rules not to answer. You didn't know why tears were burning the backs of your eyes, or why you got so anxious when the others tried to pressure you into confessing what you did.

"Y/N," you heard the voice of a boy call you. You turned around to see Monty coming up to you, a worried expression on his face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," you nodded. "I just...I thought I'd be able to get away from my crime on the ground, you know? But it seems like what I did is the only thing anyone wants to know about me."

"Not me," he said honestly. 

You looked at him in surprise. "Really?"

Monty shrugged. "What happened on the ark stays on the ark, right?"

You smiled, walking over to him. "Right."