Three

"Daddy's little girl paints the world with her magic wand. Daddy's little girl breathes new life to the morning time for me. Though we're apart, her thoughts follow me." Even though she had been peacefully sleeping, as soon as she heard the guitar down the hallway she woke up. It meant that her dad was home and he was singing her favorite song, the song that made his solo career so successful.

"When I come home, Demi smiles with the dawn. When she plays, Demi smiles. On a summer day, Demi smiles. A new day, Demi smiles." She could tell her dad was next to her bed now and she nearly jumped from underneath her covers as she saw him standing next to her four poster canopy bed with his favorite guitar ever. He was back from tour, finally, and he would be home for a while.

"Daddy!" She squealed, almost tackling him to the ground as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey love," he said, kissing the side of her head as she buried her face into his neck.

"Promise you'll stay home for a while," she said, squeezing her arms around him as tight as she could.

"I promise, love. This time, I'll be home for a while."

Demi thumbed the locket that her father had given to her when she was little. It used to be too big for her but recently she had to buy a new chain for it because it was too small. Inside of it was a picture of the two of them and the words "Demi Smiles." It was the only thing of his that she allowed herself to keep around. The rest was in museums or locked away in storage.

As usual, she grabbed her phone off of her nightstand and started the day with a snapchat selfie. A lot of people snapped her but she didn't bother to open them because she didn't feel like it. As soon as she was about to lock her phone, an Instagram message from Odell appeared on her screen, so she opened the app.

OBJ3: you still have my shirt. Kierra gave that to me.
ddlovato: if you want it, come and get it 😏

Demi could respect the fact that he had a girlfriend, but that didn't mean she wasn't gonna mess with his head a little bit. Odell clearly didn't respect his girlfriend because he didn't even mention her when they were at that party. If Kierra was that important to him, Odell would've turned her down. But he didn't. And they had mind blowing sex in his hotel room.

Next she went to her text messages and noticed she had a few from Sterling. He was three hours ahead of her so of course he texted her at six in the morning and expected her to actually respond to him.

Shep😜: yo, why you got O all up in his feelings?
Shep😜: deadass this nigga over here tripping
Shep😜: come to NY this weekend for our game

Instead of texting him back, she decided to call him.

"It's about damn time you woke up," he said as soon as he answered the phone.

"You're so dumb. I'm three hours behind you. It's only nine here. What's up?"

"I don't know what you did or said to him at that game but he's been tripping ever since. You really got this nigga shook. What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything. I just said hi to him and his girlfriend. Who are you playing against this weekend?"

"Fuck if I know. But it's my birthday so that should be a good enough reason for you to come out here," Sterling said as she put him on speaker to check her calendar.

"Well lucky for you, my weekend is clear. I can fly in on Friday then leave after the game on Sunday. What are you doing to celebrate?"

"Strip club. Shit, all I wanna see all night is pussy. You good with that?" Sterling questioned as Demi crinkled her nose.