Five

When Demi woke up the next morning, Odell was still asleep. Since he was kind enough to let her sleep over, she decided to be nice and make him breakfast. And since it was Sterling's birthday, she decided to invite him and all of his teammates over for breakfast before they had to go in for practice. Glancing into one of Odell's mirrors hanging up in his hallway, she saw that her hair was a mess and all you could see were her freckles. She didn't have a lot of makeup in her bag and she didn't feel like putting any on. She gathered her auburn waves into a bun before entering the kitchen and trying to find some stuff for breakfast.

Odell didn't wake up until an hour later. He stumbled into the kitchen with his hair messier than usual and his eyes still half closed. But as soon as he smelled food he opened them up.

"What are you cooking for? And why are you cooking so much?"

"I figured it was the least I could do since you let me stay here last night. And I invited Sterling and the rest of the team over for breakfast since it is his birthday. Is that okay?" She asked as she put the rest of the bacon on a giant platter that she had found.

"Yeah, Kierra would never do anything like this. Thanks," Odell said as he bit into a piece of sausage.

"Don't compare me to her, Odell. She's still your girlfriend. I'm gonna go throw some clothes on. Can you watch the eggs for me?" She asked as he nodded his head. She thanked him before grabbing her bag from the living room and rushing to get dressed in one of the bathrooms. She threw on a pair of high waisted jeans with a loose gray shirt tucked into them. Her hair was left in a bun because it was cute. When she exited the bathroom, it looked like half of the Giants football team was in Odell's kitchen.

"Demi!" Sterling exclaimed, looking up from his plate.

"Hey Sterling. Happy birthday!" She squealed as she kissed his cheek. "And if y'all would've waited, I would've fixed your plates," she said to everyone else.

"Shit Odell, wife this girl up. Cause we all know Kierra would never," Vic joked, causing everyone in the room to laugh as Demi shook her head before briefly locking eyes with Odell.

"Demi already knows what it is," Odell said as he turned off the heat underneath the eggs and offered them up to everyone in the kitchen.

"So what are you guys doing today besides practice?" Demi asked as she took orange juice and apple juice out of the refrigerator.

"We got practice all day then we're going to the strip club with Shep's nasty ass," Vic answered as Demi nodded. "You're welcome to come watch practice if you want. You'll be bored but...it's something to do."

"Well I came to New York to celebrate with Sterling so the least I could do is spend the day with him," Demi giggled as she kissed Sterling's cheek.

"Shit, if Odell doesn't wife you up, I'll do it myself." He said it like he was joking but Demi didn't doubt that he was serious.

After everyone ate and Odell got dressed, they all left for practice. They went to the locker room while Demi went to sit in the stands to watch. Checking her Instagram, all she saw were videos of Odell goofing off in the locker room. He always seemed to be the life of the party. But she had a million text messages and decided to finally get back to replying to some of them.

Pia👑: BITCH. OBJ? DEADASS. You don't tell me shit anymore. I had to look at your sc just to see that you were fucking him. Good for you tho. Get that BBD.
Demi: BBD?
Pia👑: big black dick, hoe. Call me 😘😘

Demi hit the call button and Pia picked up on the first ring just like she always did.

"Damn Demi, I didn't know you had it in you. Thought you liked the frail white boys with the school shooter hair cut. You proved me wrong though. I'm so proud of you," Pia said before she could even get a word in.

One thing that remained consistent about Pia was the fact that she was over dramatic as hell. They had been friends since grade school. Pia had transferred to Demi's private elementary school in the fourth grade. Her family had just moved from Guam because her father got a new job. Everyone else made fun of Pia because she had a bit of an accent but Demi immediately clung to her. They had been best friends ever since.

"Pia, you're a fucking mess," Demi said through her laughter. Another thing about Pia was that she never failed to make Demi laugh. She brought out the goofy side of Demi that she didn't always show to people.

"Whatever. What are you doing in New York with Odaddy?"

"I'm actually here for Sterling Shepard. It's his birthday and he wanted me to hang with him. But Odell picked me up from the airport so we hung out yesterday," Demi explained, knowing that Pia wasn't one for half assed details.

"How did you meet Odell? I swear he has a girlfriend. Doesn't he?"

"Yeah...we uh, we hooked up after Khloe's party last week," Demi said and she pulled her phone away from her ear as Pia screamed.

"Oh my god! Bitch, you really don't tell me anything anymore! Are you his side hoe now? Demi, I taught you better than that," Pia chastised as Demi rolled her eyes.

"We're just friends. I met his girlfriend though. Girl, I could take him in a heartbeat but she seems nice, just insecure. And you know I'm not-"

"Looking for anything serious. Blah, blah, blah." Demi could just picture Pia flicking her bleached blonde hair off of her shoulder. "So just friends, huh?"

"Yeah. Just friends. Are you busy? You should totally come to New York so I'm not the only girl here. Besides, Sterling is cute as hell and just as nasty as you are," Demi said, hoping that Pia wasn't too busy to fly out to New York. Unlike her, Pia was extremely focused on school. They didn't see each other much since Pia stayed in the dorms at UCLA and was always too lazy to drive down on the weekends. She wanted to become a lawyer, which was why she was busting her butt in undergraduate school.

"What time is the party? I'd literally have to hop on a plane like right now. You're so last minute," Pia complained, but Demi could hear her moving around her room.

"Our jet can bring you here. I'm gonna call them now to get it ready so you have an hour to get the airport," Demi said. Pia hummed before hanging up the phone.

After watching them practice for two hours, Demi was extremely bored. Their family pilot said that they should be arriving in another hour so that would be her excuse to leave. The only entertaining thing about watching them practice was the way their practice clothes fit them, specifically Odell. He looked extremely good in football gear. But he looked good in anything, something she had quickly learned about him.