Epilogue Part Two

"Oh my God," Demi breathed out as she wrapped her leather gloved hand around Odell's arm. Immediately following the game, Odell sent Demi to get dressed for their date while he took Lola to his mother. Two hours later, he was waiting in a limo downstairs to pick her up. He kept her pretty distracted while they were inside so she didnt exactly see where they headed. Turns out, it was back to the stadium.

"This is gorgeous. Did you do all of this?" Demi gushed as Odell led her out to the table in the middle of the stadium. The sun had set so it was cold and dark outside, but the stadium lights were on and their table was candlelit. It was surrounded by rose petals and printed out pictures of all of their moments together.

"Technically I did. I hired someone to set it up but I paid for everything and printed out all of the pictures," Odell said as Demi chuckled. He helped her sit down then went to sit across from her.

"It's so quiet. I'm so used to being loud as hell out here," Demi said as she looked around. The stadium was so different when it was empty. It made Demi realize just how big it was.

"I wanted to eat somewhere...different," Odell explained as a waiter came out with a bottle of red wine. He filled both of their glasses then disappeared without a word.

"This is definitely different. This has to be the sweetest thing that anyone has done for me," Demi said as she crossed one leg over the other, letting her Louboutin covered foot brush Odell's leg.

"Demi, I don't know if I haven't told you this enough or if you just don't believe me, but I love you. Besides Lola, you're my entire world. And I know a year ago I said we would take baby steps, but how can I when I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you?"

Demi felt tears gather in the bottom of her eyelids as she looked at the man sitting across from her. The man who helped to heal her wounds. The man who helped her figure out who she was without destroying her in the process. The man that taught her how not to be afraid of love.

"I love you too. I'm in love with you too," she replied in a shaky voice because she was trying to keep herself from crying. "I believe you."

"Good. Now stop crying before you mess up that contour shit you like to do to your face," he joked as he reached across the table to wipe some of her fallen tears. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as the waiter came back out with their food.

"Oh my god," she chuckled as she saw what they were eating. It was the same thing that they had eaten when she first came to New York for Shep's birthday: cheap, greasy Chinese food that made your stomach hurt in the morning but was totally worth it.

"You can finally teach me how to use chopsticks," Odell said as Demi giggled. She stood up and went to sit on Odell's lap with her chopsticks in her hand. Instead of eating off of her plate, they both ate off his, laughing every time she missed his mouth because he was goofing off.

"You ruined my dress!" She said in fake anger, lightly slapping his arm.

"I'll buy you a new one," he shrugged as if it was no big deal. And it wasn't. He said that every time he ruined an item of her clothing, which was a lot.

"But I-" she stopped when she saw a little black dog running towards the table. She looked at Odell in confusion as he just shrugged again. She got off his lap and knelt down so that as soon as the dog reached them, he jumped into her arms.

"Aw," she cooed as he eagerly licked at her face.

"You said you didn't want to get a dog until you were sure about where you wanted to live, but I already know you're gonna get into Juliard so that's your congratulations gift," Odell said as he stood up, so Demi did the same.