Finale

*five years later*

"DAMN!" Odell exclaimed after they entered the locker room after what could only be described as a horrible game. He threw his helmet down then kicked his foot against one of the empty lockers. He almost rammed his head into his locker but Shep patted his back as their coach came in.

"I don't know what the hell that was out there-"

"That was the result of Odell spending the day on a boat with his head up Trey's ass while his wife was at home with his child!" Eli spat and Odell responded by rushing towards him but Vic pulled him back.

"Nigga, you were down in Mexico on that same exact day. And I've been carrying this damn offense while you haven't been doing shit but throwing interceptions! So don't come at me reckless!" Odell boomed as he ripped his jersey off and threw it to the ground.

Odell was just as bummed out as the rest of their teammates because they had just lost their chance to make it to the super bowl after an amazing season, but he wasn't about to apologize for enjoying his day off, especially since Eli had been fucking up since day one.

"Everyone go home. But tomorrow at six your asses are here. I don't care what plans you've made and I don't care that we've lost our chance at the Super Bowl. Got it?" Their coach demanded as they all responded with a cohesive "yes sir." It was the first thing they did as a team all day.

"Fuck Eli, man. This wasn't your fault. There's always next year," Shep said as Odell nodded and went to hit the showers. He didn't want to be moping around with his team any longer than he had to, so he took a quick body shower, got dressed, then went to find his family.

Even though they had lost, Demi was still waiting for him outside of the locker room with a smile on her face. And that was what he loved about her. She was about to do something cute and goofy to cheer him up and make him forget about the horrible game they had played.

"Hey butterfingers," she said as she pulled a butterfinger bar from her pocket. He playfully rolled his eyes as he snatched the bar from her and tossed it to the side.

"Hey, that was a $1.89! And that's your new nickname, btw. Some of your fans think that you should get it put on the back of your jersey," she giggled as he wrapped his arms around her.

"And what does my biggest fan think?"

"She thinks that you had an amazing season and one game isn't gonna take that away. She thinks you've worked your ass off on the offensive line for this team and having one day to yourself isn't what caused you guys to lose. She thinks you're still allowed to sleep in her bed tonight," Demi said as she played with the ends of his hair and looked deep into his eyes so that he knew she was serious.

"I know losing sucks, especially this game, but you're not going anywhere anytime soon. There is always next season, O. And you can come back better than ever. You always do," Demi encouraged before standing on the tips of her toes to plant a small kiss on his lips.

"I knew I kept you around for a reason," Odell said as they began their walk out of the tunnel. He would get fined for not attending post game conferences but he already gave them $50,000 because they liked throwing ridiculous fines at him.

"Yeah, well I still love you. I think Lola is a little more upset," Demi chuckled as she tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. It was braided down her back in two French braids because Lola wanted to be "twinzies."

"I'll take her to American Girl tomorrow and she'll get over it. What do you want to do tonight?" Odell asked as Demi shrugged.

"Whatever you wanna do."