Chapter 24

Scarlett POV

I woke up the next morning, hoping that I could find something to say to Will. Nothing came to me.

Oh well, I'll see him in a few days anyway.

On that note, I got out of bed and got dressed. Brayden was still asleep so I just got dressed in the room.

After I got dressed, a text message came through on my phone. Crap, the noise my phone made was so loud, I forgot to put it on vibrate.

Brayden opened his eyes and stared at me.

"Sorry Brayden." I apologise, sincerely.

"Pretty girls can get away with murder." He told me.

Hmmmm... I'm joking, I'm joking, I'm not going to murder anyone.

"Anyway, now that you're awake.." I start.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"What are we doing today?"

"I think everyone's going in the pool today!"

"Crap."

"Why, what's wrong?"

"Well, it's just that.."

"Can you not swim?"

"I've only ever swam once and that was to prevent myself from drowning."

"Oh, that's pretty messed up."

"I know, so if I swim, I'll probably end up drowning."

"You won't drown, I promise, I'll be right there, beside you."

Aww, that was kind of him to say. I'm still not going in the pool though, I'll come up with some amazing excuse to get out of it.

"Come on, let's go to the pool" he says, jumping out of his bed and opening the door.

We exit together and wander down to the pool, where Parker and Nathan were waiting.

"Hey guys." Parker greets.

"Hi." I say, as blunt as those crappy pencils you get at primary school.

"Hey Scarlett, you know how this is a pool..."

"I can see that."

"And you used to be a..er..performer?"

"Ha, that's a good way to put it, yeah?"

"Show us some of your moves."

"But this is a pool, I 'performed' on a pole."

"Same thing."

"They're really not."

"Come on, just show us some of your moves."

"Nope."

"Oh come on, these dudes have never seen you in action before."

"Wait a moment."

I run off, into the house and into mine and Brayden's bedroom. I grab my phone and hurry back to the pool.

I scroll through my pictures until I get to my first ever photo on my phone.

I show the picture to the others.

"What is this?" Nathan asks.

"Well, someone I know took it before they gave this phone to me for the first time. It was a good night, that night."

"Why, what happened?"

"I was wearing my favourite red outfit, that's actually how I got my name (Scarlett), I'd just had my favourite drink and that was the night when me and Parker.."

"Oh gawd this brings back too many memories." Parker says.

"And that's the only thing I'm going to show from my previous job." I say.

I click off my phone and head back up to the room. I place it back in its original position on the nightstand, beside my bed.

Then, I return to the pool area where all the boys are whispering.

They all stop and turn to me, with evil grins on their faces.

"I don't like the look of this." I state.

"It's fine, you're not going to drown." Brayden says, whilst picking me up, bridal style.

"No, no, no..." I say as he jumps into the pool, with me in his arms.

I scream as we hit the water. IM GOING TO DROWN. But I didn't drown.. Brayden kept my head out of the water.

"BRAYDEN!" I shout at him.

"Yes Scarlett." He says innocently.

"I could've died!"

"I told you I wouldn't let you drown."

"I nearly had a heart attack though!"

"I would've given you mouth to mouth." He says, winking at me.

I don't say anything else, I don't complain about it. To be honest, I don't really want to complain to him as he is still holding me and I don't want him to let go. I'll literally die if he does.

-----------------------------------------------------------

She's finally opening up about her past!

Can you believe she didn't have a name before she turned 16?