Chapter Two

“Are you excited to meet them?” Hannah asks as my parents drive me to the airport.

“Haha, very excited.” I jumped in my seat. My mom and dad were in the front while a few carry-ons separated Hannah and I.

“Are you sure you will be okay all by yourself? You are going to live in London for a few months.”

“Mom, I’m seventeen… but thanks. We can Skype!”

“You best Skype me, too.” Hannah pointed her finger at me.

“Well… okay then Miss Bossy.” I pretended to be sassy, but I ended up laughing at myself.

My mom stopped in front of the giant building. I took a deep breath, grabbing some of my bags. My dad, mom, and Hannah helped me.

“I’m going to miss you, sweetheart.” Dad pulls me in for a hug. I am silently crying, realizing how much I’m going to miss them.

“Its just a few months… If there is any news or emergency you should know about, I’m calling you first.”

My mom comes up next for her hug. She is crying tears of joy.

“My little Ella-bear is growing up.” She sniffles and that just makes me cry more. Hannah is up next, with a smile on her face. But the look in her eyes gave me a knowing that she was going to break down. And sure enough, when I hugged her, she nearly flooded the place.

“Ella… what am I going to do without you?”

“I’m going to miss you, Hannah. Don’t replace me.” I giggled.

“Not a chance.” She giggled too, as she sniffled. I grabbed my bags and walked to the exit for the plane. I turned back one more time, the last time I would see them for months.

My mom. My dad. Hannah, who is my best friend, but we treat her like family…

I cried silently as I sat down in my seat on the plane. I heard screaming, and laughing. It soon quieted down. I ignored it and tried to wipe my tears so I could see whats going down. I turned my head around but nothing was there. It’s my imagination.

I began to cry again thinking about my parents.

“Why so sad, love?”

I looked up and looked back down again. I couldn’t see because my vision was blurry from the salty tears.

“Come on, now… its okay.” The mystery person began to rub my back in circular motions. It felt nice, actually. I flinched a little, but then had enough courage to see who this man was. I wiped my eyes, sniffled, cleared my throat, and looked up to see piercing blue eyes.

“Oh… I’m Niall by the way.” He smiled.