Chapter Twenty-Four

Harry’s POV

Eleanor and Louis were having their own conversation across the table. Macy was in a beautiful dress, her hair in ringlets. Her makeup wasn’t extreme. It looked as if she was barely wearing any. She chose the pasta, and we were nearly done eating. Louis kept giving me looks. Even though we wouldn’t have our one year anniversary, I still want to give her the promise ring. I don’t know how to give it to her though. I would just give it to her and tell her I love her. That sounded nice. It was in my jeans pocket. It was a simple ring with a heart engraved in it, and the inside of the ring said “My Heart Is Yours”. (http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Sterling-Silver-My-Heart-is-Yours-Engraved-CZ-Heart-Promise-Ring/7123456/product.html)

“Harry? Are you okay, you look like you’ve just swallowed a bug.” Macy giggled, touching my hand. I felt fireworks spark up my arm.

“Y-yeah. I’m fine.”

“I’m serious. Do you feel okay?”

“Yeah. Could I tell you something?”

She nodded, laughing at me. I rolled my eyes. Louis and Eleanor had a close eye on me.

“Macy Anne Horan.” I began. I took a deep breath. Why am I so nervous?

Macy nodded, continuing for me to go on.

“I love you. So much. You know that.”

“And I love you so much too.” She smiled. I smiled back.

“Okay. So I would propose but… but I can tell we both aren’t ready… we are too busy, you know. So I was thinking I could instead give you… give you this.” I took the ring out of my pocket. She smiled as she took it. I put it on her ring finger.

“Macy, I promise you that I will marry you. I will love you for forever. I promise I won’t keep secrets from you. I’ll never lie to you. I promise. I won’t screw anything up again with us. I love you.” I looked in her eyes. She was getting teary.

“Harry I love you too!” She hugged me tight and let go, looking at me straight in the eyes before she pulled me in for a sweet kiss. Once we pulled away she hugged me again. She was pretty happy. Louis and Eleanor had left. They were probably making out in El’s car. My car was the one Louis and I drove here. I gave Clara a tip and we left… okay maybe we spent a couple minutes making out in the car. The ring was beautiful on her. It fit perfectly, I was so happy. She hasn’t stopped smiling since we left the restaurant.

“Do you like it?”

“I love it!”

I smiled at her as we pulled into the garage.

“I love you.” I said, kissing her.

“Mm. I love you too.”

“Happy early birthday, baby.” I said, looking at her.