Chapter Eleven

Macy’s POV

Harry and I are currently cuddling in our blanket with the others by the campfire Zayn and Liam made, and we haven’t made the s’mores yet because of how lazy the boys were to open the package.

“Okay, I’m hungry now.” I said as I tore open the package of marshmallows, while Harry opened the graham crackers and chocolate.

“Mm, burnt marshmallows.” I said, letting my marshmallow catch on fire. I quickly blew on it, and took a graham cracker and chocolate. I smashed everything together before taking a first bite.

“This is so good!” I said, licking my sticky fingers. Eleanor and Niall finished roasting their marshmallows and took a bite. They smiled and finished their snacks.

“The water sounds so… calm.” Sophia said, looking at the water that kept washing sticks and shells up on the shore.

“Yeah. Relaxing.” Eleanor said, looking at the water.

“God, everything is so perfect at this moment, you know?” I said, smiling.

“What do you mean?” Liam asked, clearly confused.

“What if you never tried again on XFactor Liam? You would have never been in this band. You wouldn’t be here, right now, with Sophia. And Zayn, what if you never got up that morning for XFactor? The simplest actions can change your life, don’t you find that hard to belive?” I said, smiling.

“Once you think about it, yeah, I guess.” Liam said.

“It’s amazing.” I said, looking at Harry.

“What if you never took that plane ride to London, what would you be doing now?” Niall asked me, playing with the sand below him.

“I think I would be… wishing I went on that plane ride.” I said, giggling. “No, but really, I would be sitting there, wishing I could see you guys. I’m happy everything turned out the way it did.”

“Me too.”

“Although I wish there wasn’t any hate.” I said, looking at the fire.

“Are you getting hate?” Harry asked me, wrapping his arm around me.

“No, but I know you guys are, I probably am, I’m just not reading it. I haven’t been on Twitter since that concert, sooo…” I said, still staring at the fire.

“And its hard not to try and fight back, but they just take advantage and turn everything you do into a totally different story. If I go into a hotel a girl just so happened to walk into at the same time, people think of something else. Then people find a way to that girl and hate her for no reason…”

“Yeah. Sometimes you just wish you could go back to the way it used to be, but you can’t.”

“I wish I was happier as a child all the time.” I said, looking at the sand.

We all nodded, and there was  a peaceful silence where you could hear the crackling of the fire, the water splashing up against the cool sand, and the breathing of people. I even heard some frogs and crickets. Harry laid down on the sand, and I copied him. He laid his head on the giant blanket, and then wrapped it around me so I had to huddle close to him to stay warm.

Nobody had talked for a while, and when I looked up it looked as if everybody was sleeping but Eleanor, Louis, Harry and I.

“It’s cold out here.” Harry whispered.

“Especially after the fire went out.” I said, keeping my eyes on the stars blinking in the dark sky.

“Want to go in the bus? It’s warmer and less… sandy.”