Part 3

Voldemort had the Ministry and he almost had the school, just this last fight. He had given his speech and just needed to wait for Potter to show his face. A simple killing curse, a bit of show and tell for the remaining Hogwarts students and staff, then Voldemort would have the school as well. He would be the most powerful wizard there ever was. A small smile crept onto his face but that was it. He didn't feel content, joyous, ridiculously happy, like he thought he would. He just felt, kind of, empty.

No, it was probably nothing. He just hadn't let the fact settle in properly. Where was Potter? He should be here by now.

"He's not coming, my Lord." Said one of the Death Eaters, sounding very defeated.

"It seems that way. Well, Death Eaters, it looks like we're going back to seize the castle. This is what Potter has chosen. Funny, I expected him to come. It seems I was mistaken." He started walking uptowards the school, when he heard a shout from behind him.

"You weren't!" It was Potter, standing there. Yes, he knew it. This was it. His time to shine. He had prepared for this and he was ready for this final fight.

"Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived!" Voldemort waited for dramtic effect. "Crucio!"

Potter fell to the floor, writhing in agony, screaming. Normally, Voldemort would enjoy this, but he wasn't really. He tried again.That's when he realised.

"You're not even going to fight back?" Potter dropped his wand on the floor and Voldemort didn't know what to do. It wasn't really fair if he just gave up, that didn't give Voldemort the chance to prove he was the better wizard. Then an idea came into his head. "You're weak. Just like your parents! They did not deserve to live in this world. In MY world! Prepare to join them. Prepare to die! AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Potter squirmed for a second before falling still. His lifeless body lay before Voldemort. Cheers erupted through his small crowd of Death Eaters.

"You've done it, my Lord. No one will ever question your powers again!" Voldemort forced a grin.

"Yes."

"Doesn't this please you, my Lord?" One asked, as Voldemort walked over to the body and looked down at it. He thought for a minute.

"Yeah" he said, nodding his head a bit. "Yeah, it's great. It's great....I just thought it might make me feel less empty inside." He walked over to the other Death Eaters and continued talking so that they didn't have the time to properly process what he had just foolishly said aloud. "Well, Death Eaters, we go back to Hogwarts to tell them what has become of their 'hero'!" He marched on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

After that day when Astrid visited, for a while she became like a guardian angel in Quirrell's mind. Whenever, he truly gave up again, he would hear her voice telling him he didn't belong in Azkaban. It was the only thing that worked. He knew Voldemort was not coming back for him and so he just waited. He had been sentenced for life, but they would find evidence. He knew that it might take years but they had to find evidence. Maybe Astrid would find it, who knows? The month or two that he told himself that was the best time he had in Azkaban.

However, after those few months, he started to fall back into his old mindset. He wasn't going to be saved, he wasn't ever going to get out, he deserved to be here. Astrid was just lying to him, just like everyone else he had trusted. Maybe he had imagined her. The Dementors did give him false memories just about 7 times a day. Then of course, take them all back in the worst possible way. The dark cell was all that Quirrell had to wake up to and all he had to fall asleep to. Torture, every goddamn day and that's how it was going to be for the rest of his miserable life.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bellatrix woke up to intense pain. God, that Molly Weasley was a bitch. Attempting to kill her?! Bellatrix Lestrange?! That was not on! She would pay dearly for it. Luckily, she hadn't known about Bellatrix's own horcrux. She had gotten Voldemort really drunk once and he had told her how to do it. She now had her own. A bracelet, that she kept safe. It was special to her and had  part of her soul in it.

Ok, hold up! Where were the Death Eaters? Where was Voldemort? Where was the big pile up of dead bodies? She was still in Dumbledore's office and Severus's body was at her feet. She sneered at it and kicked it with her high heeled boot. Ah, that felt good. She had always hated that Snape!

But still, shouldn't Voldemort be ruling the school by now? He wouldn't have just abandoned it! She walked round and saw a few bodies, a couple of Death Eaters but mostly not. That made her smirk. She kept walking, until she heard voices. She hid behind a colomn to hear them when they walked past. It sounded like that annoying red head girl and the mudblood.

"Oh, I'm so happy. We did it! We won! Voldemort's dead! Yipee!" The Weasley girl's voice is so annoying...wait, what did she just say?!

"Yeah, we did win, Ginny, but many are still dead. The Death Eaters have all run away without their leader. McGonagall is now Headmistress and everything, but we never finished our school year. See, there are cons here, Ginny!"

"Yeah, but it could be worse!"

"Yeah, I guess if Harry hadn't come back, we would all be dead. I'm not sure how he came back but I think it has something to do with him being Voldemort's final Horcrux." There was the sound of retreating footsteps and Bellatrix thought about what they had just said.

Voldemort was.......dead? They had lost? Potter was still alive? This just seemed ridiculous! He couldn't just be gone like that! Well, yeah towards the end of it, he had been acting strange, but that could have just been because Dumbledore had been destroying some of his Horcruxes.

She and Voldemort had been friends since the first day at Hogwarts. When he was just Tom. They had so many memories. From 5th year onwards, they sort of dated on and off. It was complicated but Bellatrix had been happy. He was one of her best friends. It was always the three of them. Tom, Bellatrix and Lucius. It looked like it would just be her and Lucius, the two of them now, which sucked because he was her brother-in-law.

But what if, they fought again? In HIS name? Win once and for all? Yes, she would gather the Death Eaters and they would fight again. This time with Bellatrix as their leader. She smirked. Now that sounded like fun.

A/N I am so sorry for my awful portrayal of Ginny and Hermione, I just needed Bellatrix to find out somehow and this was the only way I could think of doing it! I tried to keep them like their characters in AVPM but they still don't seem quite right.

 So as of right now I have barely anyone reading this, maybe 1. If you like this and want me to keep updating then please tell me even if you are just that one person, because it would help to know that someone cared about my story. Otherwise, what is the point in publishing it?

Anyways, I do have another 3 parts already written out and some more of this fic planned so I'm prepared and know where this is going. Hope you enjoy it!