Part 9

Bellatrix strutted down the aisle to the throne chair, the Death Eaters lined up either side of her. She held her head up and her posture straight, feeling proud. Soon, she would be in control of all the Death Eaters. A giggle fought it's way to the top of her throat but she swallowed it down before it escaped. Oh, this was it. She loved power, lusted for it and soon she would have it all. Oh the feeling was magnificent! Her high heels was the only sound to be heard throughtout the main hall in Malfoy Manor. When she reached the chair, she turned and sat down with a flourish.

"With Voldemort gone, I am your queen! You will answer to me and only me. Anyone who does otherwise will be punished." she grinned maliciously at them. They all looked at each other, murmuring but no one going against her. "We shall have a rematch with Potter and his pets, this time beating them. We shall take over the world. In his name. The world WILL know just how cruel we are. Nothing can stop us!"

A cheer erupted from the Death Eaters. Bellatrix smirked down at her new followers, not noticing Lucius frowning in the corner.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

45 minutes seemed to take forever. Quirrell was meant to be packing but he had nothing except his wand. He sat waiting as the minutes ticked by. It soon got to 45 minutes....50....55....60. It had now been an hour, where was Tyler? Had he changed his mind after all? Did he decide he couldn't take on the pathetic sorry excuse of a man who had outstayed his welcome at a crappy hotel? It seemed likely. Another 10 minutes passed and Quirrell decided he had had enough. He got up, crept out the room and started walking down the corridor, hanging his head. How stupid of him to think someone would want to help!

"Man, I am so sorry. My bosses held me up, they wanted to talk about something that happened yesterday, which I totally had nothing to do with." Tyler winked at Quirrell, who just stared incredulously at him. He had just appeared from around the corner, unexpectedly. "Anyways, grab your stuff and let's get going."

"I, um, I h-have."

"You have what?"

"G-got everything." Tyler stared at him.

"Really. I don't see anything...... Even more proof that you need someone around right now. Don't worry." He threw an arm around Quirrell's shoulders. Quirrell flinched at the touch, but soon relaxed into it. They started to walk out of the hotel, ignoring the mould and stains on the wall. It was a nicish hotel, it just had a few.....issues. When they were outside, Quirrell had to blink several times. He hadn't been outside in weeks. The sun hurt his eyes but the fresh air felt nice to breathe, coolly gliding down his throat. It felt like......freedom. Finally.

"Anyways, I live down this road, to the right, a bit more down that road, left, a little more and then we'll reach my apartment."

"Th-thank you. F-for all o-of this."

"S'cool. You look like you need it anyway." Quirrell smiled a small, shy smile at him. Tyler was being so kind to him. After so long of the exact opposite, it made a nice change. The blue sky above had birds soaring and fluffy white clouds. People bustled past them, all completely different and absorbed in their own lives. Quirrell felt at peace.

"Just to warn you, I do have a roommate. He is a bit scary, but he isn't too bad. He hasn't been there very long but he's started to relax a bit more and turns out he is alright under the layers of rude. Just ignore him if he's unfriendly, okay?"

Quirrell nodded. Nothing could get him down right now. He grinned. Things might turn out alright.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________