Part 7

What was he going to do? Voldemort needed a place to stay away from wizards. He searched and searched for 3 weeks, before he finally found an apartment. Unfortunately, it came fully equipped with its own horrible muggle. Voldemort went to meet him and straight away, he was disgusted at having to live with a muggle, but he would have to deal with it for now. He had contemplated killing the boy, but after the........episode at Quirrell's hotel, Voldemort promised himself that he would not kill a single person. That would just bring more attention to himself and that would not be good! So he decided to suck it up for a bit to just stick around and keep an eye on Quirrell until he was on his own two feet, then he would move on. It was fine. It wasn't like Voldemort was going to talk to him or anything. He was still respecting Quirrell's wishes.....sort of.

He met up with the muggle, who was called Tyler. He was, what muggle society would describe as slightly childish. Tyler told him that he could move all his stuff in, though he didn't know that Voldemort had nothing. Tyler even said that he could decorate the room how ever he wanted and that he could bring any girls, or guys, he didn't judge, back to the apartment just so long as he let Tyler know beforehand. He was kind and considerate. Voldemort despised him and it made him want to retch. He was so.......MUGGLE! Ergh! It was just for a month or so, then he would find somewhere else to live, by himself. Until then, it would have to do.

Voldemort had a small room to himself. A small window, that overlooked the street, above a single bed, that creaked a little when Voldemort sat on it. There was a chest of drawers and a wardrobe to put everything in. He would wake up, sit around a bit, go out and try to spot Quirrell, come home, watch TV and go to bed. It was routine. Whenever he was hungry, he just went to the fridge. It went well, for about a week, until Tyler had to open his big, bogey-bat mouth!

"So, I don't want to be rude or anything, but we need to sort out how rent is going to be paid. I kinda figured we would split it evenly half-and-half?" Voldemort glared at him from the sofa, where he was sitting, twirling his wand in his hand. He had been careful to not use it around Tyler, so to him, it was just an odd-shaped stick that Voldemort carried around with him. Tyler gulped loudly. They'd been living together for a very short time and Voldemort terrified Tyler. "I mean, we don't have to do that, but I- well I- that was the reason I wanted a roommate. I, um, yeah....."

Voldemort glared at him. "What do you mean rent?" Tyler looked at him, slightly dubiously; but despite the ridiculous question, the icy tone had sent a chill down his spine.

"Well I don't own this place. I live here, but I don't own it and I need to pay money to stay here. That's what rent is. I need to pay it and you need to pay half of it now you live here too." Voldemort's eyes were sending daggers at Tyler at this point.

"And how am I meant to pay if I don't have money?" The question came out like a sneer and Tyler was near shuddering. His new flatmate was petrifying (A/N Yes I did just use that!!), but if he could pay some of the bills, Tyler wouldn't care if he was a giant slug. He was struggling and getting desperate.

"You need to get a job." He said. Voldemort hated the thought of that. Why the muggle couldn't just leave him alone, he had no idea, but Voldemort wished he would!  Wizard God, a job sounded awful. Surrounded by even more muggles, forced to do someone's bidding, the very thought made Voldemort want to drown himself. He could feel his features morph into a murderous look as he thought about it.

"Um, I need to go, but we can, er, finish this later." Said Tyler, quickly, before dashing out with a frightened look on his face.

Voldemort had to stay at the flat for a bit and even if he didn't, he didn't have anywhere else to go. He would need to get a job, as much as he hated the thought of that, but if it meant he could stay and keep an eye on Quirrell then so be it. The next day, Voldemort found himself at a job centre. He was sat in front of a woman with dark skin and black hair, tied up in a bun and glasses halfway down her nose. There was a nametag, saying she was called Mrs Sharp. Her dark suit finely pressed. She looked down upon Voldemort which he despised and he had an org to shoot a curse at her. He dug his nails into his right hand to stop him from grabbing his wand.