Part 17

A/N Okay so this is turning out longer than I expected it to be. I have a whole long plan and I can either squeeze it into one rather long book or split into to two medium sized stories. Comment which you would prefer. I will take a look, however I might not go with overall vote, I need to decide. Just comment whichever would be easier for you.

The market was a place that was just indescribable. Voldemort walked round, looking at everything, trying no to look too much in awe. The sights and smells from all the different food stalls, the sound of everyone just bustling past, making conversation with their friends and family and stallholders trying to yell over the top, all of it filled his senses and he was amazed. He had never really seen anything like it. He looked over at Quirrell, who was watching him with a soft smile. Once he realised Voldemort was looking, he turned round and faced the other way. Voldemort frowned but thought nothing of it, he continued going through the stalls, making sure he looked at every one. He had a hoodie on, with the hood pulled up high so people couldn't really see his face. It was a muggle town, but you could never be too careful, he was starting to learn that.

Tyler asked if they could stop for a second and the pale wizard looked over to see him looking at a stall with different hats on it. He grabbed one with fur on the inside and ear flaps, pulling it over his bouncy brown curls. He looked ridiculous and Voldemort couldn't help the splutter of laughter that escaped his mouth. Even Quirrell seemed to be trying hard not to laugh. Tyler grabbed a bobble hat and pulled it over Quirrell's head and face to stop him from laughing. Honestly, Voldemort thought, he is such a child. He felt his heart warm at the sight of the two of them. It wasn't so long ago, that Voldemort would have killed Tyler on sight, just for being a muggle, but....after a month of living together, he was actually starting to like him. Maybe even as a friend.

Quirrell picked up a sombrero and offered it to Voldemort, who shook his head. No way. There was no way he was putting that monstrosity on his head. He didn't deserve that torture. Quirrell's smile faded slightly and he put the hat back. Voldemort sighed and turned, ready to move on. Thank Wizard Go-

Something slammed onto his head and Voldemort spun so fast, he was like lightening. Quirrell stood there with a mischevious glint in his eyes and a grin on his face. Voldemort stared at him. What on Earth had he done? He's obviously done something, otherwise he wouldn't be smiling like tha-.....Oh Wizard God. Voldemort lifted his gaze and saw the rim of a very wide hat in front of him. He was wearing the sombrero. Voldemort glared at Quirrell who shrunk almost immediately. Oh shit, that wasn't the reaction he wanted. He quickly dropped it and forced a smile. Quirrell still seemed a bit shaken but started laughing at the smile. It must be really bad, thought Voldemort.

Quirrell laughed. Voldemort looked absolutely ridiculous, the fake-smile really not working on his face. Quirrell knew though that it was his fault. He couldn't help flinching away when Voldemort had glared at him though. It was the face from his dream. The one that belonged to the man who had cast him out, who had sent him to hell and who had abondoned him. He sighed. After the talks with Voldemort and the sudden realisation that he actually loved him, things felt different but he hadn't completely forgiven Voldemort. He didn't know how long it would take, but it was all still so fresh in his mind. He sighed. Here they were, having a fun day out and his stupid brain had to go and ruin it.

Whilst all this was happening, Tyler decided to buy the ridiculous hat and brought them  both out of their thoughts by dragging the two off to the next stall. It was a small trailer, doors opened up to show loads of different flowers. Quirrell was distracted slightly from the dark pit in his mind and enraptured by the beautiful colours. Voldemort watched him, pulling his hood a little higher over his head. Tyler got a leaflet from someone walking by and started reading it, paying no attention. A short young woman, with red hair that spilled over her shoulders in waves, bounced over to Quirrell, her light blue eyes fixed on him. Quirrell didn't spot her at first, too busy bending over and examining the nearest flowers.

"Hi, I see you like the purple tulips." She said, tapping him on the shoulder. Voldemort glowered from where he stood, not too far away. How dare she just walk up and interrupt Quirrell when he was obviously very engrossed in his flower-examining. The brown-haired wizard raised his head, jumping from the touch. When he saw the woman, he seemed to calm slightly.

"Sorry, I-I'm a little j-jumpy, but y-yes they're bea-beautiful." Quirrell stated, a proud smile, but his cheeks were a slight tinge of pink. He knew she could hear his very prominent stutter.

"It's nice. Not many men are interested in my flowers." She stated, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Quirrell smiled.

"Y-yeah. I guess th-that makes me a-a little odd, huh?" He asked, glancing around at the flowers again before focusing his vision on her again.

"Not odd. Just....unique. But that's not a bad thing." Voldemort's scowl deepened. There was something in her smile, in the way she talked and twirled a strand of hair around her finger that really annoyed him. Quirell's smile widened though.

"Th-these are y-your flowers?"

"Yes, all mine. They're so beautiful. They're the literal embodiement of life, I don't know how they don't take everyone's breath away." Her eyes were fixed on Quirrell, not leaving his face for a second.

"I know, e-exactly what you m-mean! W-what's your name?" Quirrell asked.

"Sarah. Sarah Jacobs. Yours?"

"Q-Q-Quirin-n-"

"Take your time, I don't mind." Sarah offered, kindly, placing a comforting hand on Quirrell's arm. He looked down at it and a splotch of pink danced across his cheeks. He looked back up into Sarah's eyes, took a deep breath and attempted it again.

"Q-Quirinus Quir-rrell." Sarah chuckled.

"That's quite a mouthful."

"Y-yes but I l-like just being c-called Quirrell."

"Hey, Quirrell, how about I get your number and then we can spend some more time together to talk about flowers?" Sarah asked and bit her bottom lip as soon as she did so.

"Umm...I d-don't have a phone...b-but I'll definitely c-come back and v-visit. I p-promise!" Quirrell assured her in a kind but firm voice.

"Good. See you around, Quirrell!" She said and as Quirrell walked away from her, she whispered to herself, "Playing hard to get. I love a challenge!". She grinned as she went to speak to her next customer.

As Voldemort watched their interaction, the scowl remained on his face and his stomach was twisting, making him want to throw up. No, it just wasn't right! Not Quirrell and some random lady he met at the market! Anger unfurled and expanded within him, threatening to consume him. His heart hurt too, slightly, but the fury just was too strong for him to really notice it.Tyler had stopped reading and upon seeing Voldemort's face and Quirrell talking with the woman, chuckled. Voldemort turned and glowered at him, but he didn't seem even the slightest bit intimidated....which just annoyed Voldemort even more. He turned away and carried on looking at Quirrell and the woman, watching as he struggled with a word and she lifted a hand to touch him. Voldemort practically growled and Tyler was struggling to hide his outbursts of laughter now. When Quirrell returned, Voldemort didn't say anything. Quirrell grinned at him, completely oblivious to his angry expression. Tyler was grinning too, sending Voldemort knowing looks.

"She w-was really n-nice." Quirrell stated, a smile on his face. Voldemort huffed and pushed past him, knocking his shoulder as he moved on. Quirrell looked after him, confused and slightly hurt. Tyler saw his face and put an arm round him.

"Don't worry, mate. He's just in a bad mood. Come on, let's go look at something else."