one - "the name"

hm... wristbands or sweater?

school starts in about 15 minutes and i still need to catch that bus ride. uh... wristbands could work, if i wore the right amount. and they could always slide over and reveal the name, and i don't want that. a sweater could work, only the oversized ones because oversized sweaters give me sweater paws and 1. they're cute and 2. they don't have anywhere to go. it's the perfect cover.

"daaan!!", my mum shouted from the kitchen again, "you better finish up over there or else you're missing your bus!",. "i know, mum!!", i shout back. i take the jacket that the boy from yesterday gave and it's sleeves were long enough to hide my wrists.

i look in the mirror and readjust my fringe, looks good enough. do i look suspicious? will that boy notice me wearing his jacket? what about my friends? i should really stop over thinking everything and stop worrying about every detail.

"bye mum!", i dash out the front door and run towards the bus stop. i caught it with a tight string, any later and i would've missed it. i take a seat next to a nice old lady with a lot of bags.

-

"daniel howell, you're late", mrs. middle stuck her nose up in the air and locked her eyes on her computer. does she really have to criticize on every mistake that i do? it's not funny anymore

"yes, sorry about that", i apologize and make my way to my seat that was behind the boy that helped me yesterday. he gave me a sad concerned look as i walked by with shame.

"you really need to stop being late, it's irresponsible and unreliable, i don't get paid to teach children who don't care", she kept on blabbering and i hated the way she always picked on me. i swear i could hear some girls snickering in the left corner of the room.

"alright, everybody read page 138 of chapter 4. it's just reading today, and then you can talk", mrs. middle said while mindlessly typing. it's probably an important email, i don't like the way she teaches. she always thinks she knows what's she's doing but she doesn't know shit.

i skipped reading and just flipped mindlessly through the pages and learned some interesting facts about whales. which was pretty random because i didn't know there was a whale section in this textbook but sure.

"hey". i jumped out of fright and looked around and saw the boy in front of me turned around and smiling at me. w-was he talking to me? i can't tell if he is-

"hey, i'm talking to you", he let's out a small laugh. i swear to god, he will be the death of me. his laugh is so cute and adorable and i can't-- oh right, he's talking to me i need to look like i heard.

"uh, hi,,yes!", i stutter. oh my god, i can't believe myself. why do i keep on stuttering in front of him, he always makes me feel like this. can he stop being so cute and adorable and... dreamy...

"i see you're still wearing my jacket", he points. i get really red all of a sudden, uh... how does he feel with me wearing it? does he want me to take it off? does he want me to not have it? oh, i should really stop worrying.

"uh y-yes.. d-d-do you w-want it b-back? i c-can giv-give it back t-to you", i start pulling the sleeves, hoping he wouldn't recognize the name on my wrist. just as my hand was about to come free, he just shook his head.

"no, no! you can keep it!", he grinned at me, "think of it as... my gift to you". he's so generous and giving? how could i ever repay him, this is so hard. he does so many good things for me yet i do nothing but be  a hopeless loser.

"o-oh", i sigh of relief. i slide my arms back into the jacket. at least he doesn't know i've got the name. i don't even know who this phil lester guy on my wrist is--

"my name's phil lester by the way", he held out his hand. "i know you're dan howell by the amount of times you get in trouble with mrs. middle". wait, wait... wait...!

"wait, you're name's phil lester?", my eyes widened as i vocalized every word. he nodded with content and i slumped in my seat.

he's phil lester?!

-

YEET (sorry that it's shorter) that's one chapter down, a lot to go now wowie -author