five - "kiss me"

the chapter is exactly what it seems like ;) -author

- dan's pov

having last class without phil is boring, well it always was even before i met phil so i don't see how it works. ugh, honestly i regret kissing phil on the cheek like that, does he think i'm weird now? or--

"dan! do you know the answer?", the teacher pointed his long stick at the board. i gulped and shook my head profusely.

"alright-- i'll go with pj", the teacher rolled his eyes. pj is phil's friend right? i think-- i don't know, i saw him hang out with phil at lunch so i'm assuming.

i was impatient for class to end because one, i wanted to meet up with caspar and louise to tell them about everything that's happened and have a small bit of social time and also because i need to go to the bus stop and be with phil.

at least, those are my plans.

my wishes came true as the bell rang one final time for the day and i ran out as fast as i could-- taking my stuff and putting them in my bag. i quickly ran to where me and my friends usually meet up after school.

"oh hey dan!", caspar grinned. louise was shaking and she seemed like she could blow up any minute now.

"louise found out something during 5th hour", caspar explained. so that's why louise was silently squealing and squeaking her boots together.

"we were talking about the name phenomenon and then these three boys got into an argument!", louise exclaimed. she barely couldn't keep her excitement in, you see she really loves drama.

"what?", i asked. it seemed confusing, why would anybody be arguing over a name on a wrist?

"oh forget it! it's too much to explain, i'll text it to you later. don't you have a bus to catch and a boy to kiss?", louise says doing lots of hand gestures and finally winked and nudged dan's side.

"haha", i say with no emotion, "but i don't know if he will kiss me because i think i made all the wrong moves on him", i say with sadness hinted in my voice.

"did you like hold his hand or something without him knowing? did he think you're weird or?", caspar started guessing.

"uh- no. we did hold hands, it was just a photoshoot-- and ugh, it's a long story!", i grit my teeth together. this day has been one huge roller-coaster and i hate it so much.

"we'll tell eachother everything later", i swat my hand in the air and roll my eyes. they nod and wave goodbye to me as i start speeding down the road and to the bus stop. i accidentally bump into a tall figure and fall back but it caught me.

"i see you're in a hurry?", phil's familiar voice laughs lightly at me. i bite my lip and nod embarrassingly. i looked at him and he had some sort of discomfort in his eyes, it's like he remembered something he really didn't want to remember.

"can i go on the bus with you?", phil shrugs, tilting his head to the right with an innocent smile. wait, does he really wanna? uh-- do i want this? yes i do.

"uh sure, do you have the money? i can pay for your ride if you don't", i say in broken sentences. goddammit, i should really get my speech together whenever i'm around phil.

"yeah, i have £10 right here", he smiles big, you know those smiles where their eyes are shut and crinkled and it's the most cutest thing ever? that's what phil was doing and it made me want to hug him and protect him even though he's.. taller than me.

"it'll be a long wait though, buses are always late", i sigh, making an attempt at conversation. there was silence and i didn't get a response from phil and i thought i did something wrong until he slipped his warm hands into mine and gripped it tightly. it made my cheeks heat up and made me blush.