three - "not there"

first chapter with phil's point of view :)) it'll alternate every two chapters ;) -author

-

"phil, i have a nut joke", pj laughed.

"you what?", i raise an eyebrow.

"what does the peanut say to the hazelnut while running after it?", he sounded really enthusiastic.

"what?", i roll my eyes waiting for the punchline.

"i'm gonna cashew!", he snapped his hands into a pair of finger guns. i started to choke on the nuts that i was eating and chris beat my back trying to help me stop choking.

"oh, i'm-i'm sorry, did my pun kill you?", pj snorted.

"you!! you des-deserve--! *cough* a p-pun- *cough* punishment!", i say in the middle of my coughing fit.

"don't you mean a punishment", pj said once again, exaggeration the pun in punishment.

"pj! that isn't helping! you might kill phil!", chris says still trying to help me live.

"kill phil sounds like a parody of kill bill". i started to cough some more, he needs to stop.

"PJ!! you're not helping!!", chris says angrily, but in a joking matter.

the rest of lunch break was spent with chris trying to save me while pj continuing to hurt my insides with horrible jokes that made me choke even more.

in the middle of my coughing fit, i looked over to where dan was sitting... his hair was wavy and the way it curls slightly is the cutest thing ever. he stood up once and ah...he looks so perfect standing there

[ IN MY AMERICAN APPAREL UNDERWEAR and i knoww now that i'm sooo downnn -author ]

ugh, get those thoughts away from your head, phil! he's not your type! he'll never be your type! can't you see? he's just a person you help on a daily basis!! okay, breathe in. breathe out.

it's class again, i'll just do whatever i'm needed to and then it'll all end and i'm going to be free and away from this... guy.

"hey, i'm junkie and i'll be your substitute for today", a lady with poofy black hear and fishnet stocking and a black sweater with a short black and red plaid skirt, typical rebellious look.

"so like,, do whatever mr. penn told you to do yesterday so you can learn and stuff while i like, text my friends about heavy metal bands", she said gloomily. dang, she's really down for somebody her age... who hurt her?

i look at the stack of papers that mr. penn handed out yesterday and everything in my mind was spacing out, my vision got blurred and i couldn't focus at all... until i felt a poke in my back.

"u-uh, h-h-hey.. d-do you kn-know the answer to q-question e-eight?". hey, i know that familiar voice of stuttering somewhere, it's dan... well, now's the time to help people.

"right, what does question eight say?", i turn myself around and grip my paper and flip to question eight. huh, it says 'find the chemical compound in the given situation'.

i proceeded to explain to dan how to find the chemical compound and how it fits into the situation, the way his eyes are filled with focus and dedication to get this finished is amazing. he hung onto every word i said...

"hey! you two boys with the cool fringes. stop talking to each other!", the fairly young teacher snapped at us, but not in an angry way. she kinda had this monotone voice and didn't really say anything with emotion so she just kinda told us off with no effort, you know?

as i was about to turn around and face back to my seat, dan had this little pout and i badly really wanted to help get that frown upside down. oh shut up phil, he's not your type, you're not meant for each other. just stop trying to help anyone. i got out of my trance when the substitute teacher walked over to us.

"say, you two make a really cute couple. after class ends and all the students have exited, can i take a small picture just to share it with my friends?", she asked with a tinge of emotion in her voice. i guess she's really passionate about doing this.

i don't know what dan's answer to that was since he was behind me but i nodded to the teacher because sure why not, it's worth an experience.

i looked behind me and dan's cheeks were turning red by the second, aw... he looks so cute like that. oh dang it, i can't think like this... he doesn't love you, he's just another person you're using your generosity for. okay, breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

the bell suddenly rang, making me jump and i gathered up all my books, then i remembered we were supposed to take that picture.

i stood up and so did dan. the substitute teacher came towards us and held up her phone.

"okay, now do a cute pose with eachother", she smiled, i don't think i've ever seen her smile in class at all. i looked at dan and he looked at me, the way he looked at me was that he lovingly gazed at me, i tried to return the favour, i just couldn't.

"good! good! now can you like get reeeeeaaaallly close together?", she came closer and adjusted me and dan to her liking. she pushed us closer until our shoulders were touching... dan was shaking at this point.

"okay, this is the last one! can you... ugh, never mind it's a long shot, i can't force things to do things--", she grunted and was putting her phone away in her boots.

"n-no! wh-whatever you want us to do-- is fine with m-me--!", dan's face was really red and he seemed flustered by everything. does he really wanna do this?

"huh, okay sure", she sighed, "can you... uh hold hands and make some sort of physical contact?". my eyes widened and so did dan's. i slowly slid my hand into dan's and that made me blush a bit, i've never done this before... soon, dan held my hand back and he looked at me with a genuinely loving smile.

"you didn't make physical contact, but that's okay! now i'll be going, you two hurry up to your next class", she put her phone away and exited the room. now it was just me and dan, alone in the same room.

"uh--", dan broke the silence, "i know we don't have the next classes together s-so i'll just"... his hands were trembling and he really seemed to want to do something.

i got shocked when dan looked up at me and kissed my cheek softly, and his face turned red and he literally just dashed out of the room before i could say anything.

a paper fell out of his books and i looked at it.

' i got the name !! i must be dreaming... i got phil, i wonder if he has me too... '

it seemed to have stopped there

my eyes widened and i couldn't believe my eyes, dan has my name on his wrist? but how? what about me? in a state of panic i pulled up my sleeve.

it's blank.

-

OOOHHHH SHOOOOTTT honestly it was in the description what did you expect?