•10•

Hoseok

"They're gone! They took off with Sooah! We need to get out of here!" I launch from my chair and run to the blocked door. "We need to break out!"

"Why...why would she give up herself for us like that?" Jin asks while resting his head on his hands.

"If she gives us up, she'll give her team up." Namjoon points to Emi, Young, and Haeun.

Haeun shakes her head. "Isn't it obvious. She likes you guys."

I look down and bite my lip.

I liked her too.

"J-hope. You alright over there?" Jungkook draws attention to me.

"Let's stop with the codenames." I turn to everyone.

"What?" Rapmonster/Namjoon looked baffled.

"We're going to work as a team. All of us. To get Sooah back." I hold up a fist.

"Why? Didn't you want to turn us in?" Young clicks her lips.

"They're not taking Sooah to the police. They're taking her to the government." I spit out harshly.

"Isn't that the same?" Emi questions.

"They're going to kill her!" I rage while slamming my hand down on the table.

Everyone jumped at my sudden outburst.

"You don't mean..." Jimin opens his mouth is disbelief.

"They want you people dead! They're going to execute Sooah if we don't save her in time." I grit my teeth painfully.

"What? There has to be time for questioning and trial!" Emi adds.

"There's none of that! This is the government we're talking about. We have to save her. We can't waste time!" I pleaded desperately.

"You'll get yourself arrested if you break Sooah out." Yoongi points out.

I shake my head. "Killing someone without a fair trial is an even more crime. Saving someone who might be the victim will also be a crime, but I'll feel like a hero."

"J-hope-"

"Call me Hoseok." I rummage through Yoongi's cabinets.

"Hoseok...you can't be serious." Namjoon places a brotherly hand on my back.

"Sooah saved us. She saved all of us. She doesn't even know us. We're considered her enemies, but she still saved us. We have to get her back." I suck in my breath. "We have to save her from the government."

"I'm in." Haeun stands up. "I'm not giving up without a fight."

I look at them, hopefully.

"I'm in too. Sooah means everything to us." Emi smiles.

"Count me in." Young raises her hand.

"We're your brothers, Hoseok. We always have your back." Namjoon grins.

"There's no way you're doing this without us." Taehyung chuckles.

"Thanks, you guys." I chuckle wholeheartedly and hug Namjoon.

"First of all! I'm Yoongi! Not Sugar. V is Taehyung, Kookie is Jungkook. ChimChim is Jimin. Mario is Jin. And Rapmonster is Namjoon." Yoongi clarifies.

"Oh, I love those names." Haeun giggles.

"I liked the codenames better. They're really unique." Young winks at Jin.

"I have a plan." I lay out some paper.

•••••

Sooah

Locked in a dark room. My arms bruised and my face burning like hell.

Now this is familiar.

But the pain is always lurking.

The door slams open and instead of Hoseok and his friends...it's a tall and fat figure.

"Sooah. So nice to meet you in person." The fat guy waves to me.

"Nice to meet you too. I would wave back, but my hands are tied." I shrug with a chuckle.

"Aren't you an honest girl?" He walks towards me with his hands behind his back.

"Yep."

"If you're so honest, then why won't you tell me where your other teammates are." He walks around me in a circle.

"I really have no idea. They left me and I can't contact them at all." I shake my head, pretending to be betrayed.

"Hmm."

"So...what are you going to do with me? Put me to jail? Lock me up for life?"

"No. We aren't going to do that. There's no need to lock up a dead woman." He snickers.

I bite the inside of my mouth.

"You're going to kill me?"

"Aren't you smart." He ruffles my hair.

I turn away from him. "How can you be sure you're going to kill me?"

"I already am. I have so many reasons to do so." He responds evilly.

"Like what?"

"All your crimes, dear. Your criminal record can hold it's own record. Killing you will scare your other teammates and they'll back down like little kittens. Killing you will make the entire state happy. Not just the state, the country! Everyone will feel safe-"

"They won't feel safe with a government system built by someone like you." I spat.

"How did you-"

"You just said I was smart. Keep up, dude." I scoff.

He grits his teeth. With one slick move, he slaps me across the face.

"You have no self-control! Killing you will be the best thing that ever happened to me and this state. The state will love me and adore me. I'll be the hero that put away the most fearful criminal." Fatty dreams.

"That's the award? Glory?" I shake my head. "Why not money?"

"We've been doing that, but no one would even look at the poster we put out for you."

I laugh. "That's my reputation. I love it!"

Another slap meets my cheek, but this time was harder.

I bite down on my teeth to endure the pain.

"Can you shut up!? With your obnoxious laughing and your unawareness of what's actually happening! Have you no mind to tell you what's right or wrong?" Fatty spits.

"Why have that mind when you can have one that can solve mysteries." I smirk. "Nice try, fatty."

"Fatty!?" The dude growls in anger. "You'll be dead by the end of today! We don't need some lowlife criminal in this world! I was going to be nice to you and save it for the jury to answer, but you just proved your worth! You have a terrible one. There's no way you're living to see your friends anymore, you evil girl."