Chapter 8: Too Long Away From Home

Isabell's POV (age 6)

It has been six months since we've been taken away from our parents, and I really miss my mom and dad.  Why is it taking it so long to go back home. I feel so sad, I just want to cry sometimes. It's almost my birthday, I'll be seven years old. I can't wait I'm so excited, just two more months. Hopefully, we'll go back home with mom and dad by that time. Mrs. Garcia says we'll be going to a new foster home, I'm not sure why though. I hope that we'll be in the same house; Mario, Gabriel, Isaiah, and I. Mrs. Brown will be picking up later in the afternoon to pick us up to take us to our new homes. For now I just got finished eating chocolate chip pancake, now I'm brushing my teeth, washing my face, and getting ready for the day. I decided that I'll wear my pink hello kitty shirt and my black shorts. I've already taken a shower last night, so all I need to do is put my clothes on and lotion. After that I finish folding all of my clothes and put it in my duffle bag. I started packing last night with the help of Diana, I just needed to pack a little bit more of my clothes than I would be finished. 

About ten minutes of packing, I go to the living room with my brother and watch some cartoons on Disney Channel while waiting for Mrs. Brown. One of my favorite cartoons is on, Kim Possible. 

Later That Afternoon

Ding Dong. 

I hear the door bell ring and assume that it's probably Mrs. Brown. 

"Mrs. Garcia, I think Mrs. Brown is here." I shout. 

"I'm Coming." She says coming from the kitchen. She checks through the peep hole to see who it is and then opens the door.

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Brown, how have you been doing?"

"I've been doing good, and you?"

"Good."

"That's good, so are the kids stuff ready?"

"Yes, I'll go get their bags and help put them in the car." Mrs. Garcia says and goes to our rooms to get the bags.

"Ok, thank you. I'll start putting the kids in the car. Isabell come on sweetie." She tells me as she takes Mario by the hand and walks him to the car outside. Mrs. Garcia comes to put the bags in the trunk of the car. 

"Bye Mrs. Garcia, I'll miss you." I say to her with a smile and give her a hug.

"Bye sweetie, I'll miss you too." She says to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I get in the car and buckle my seat belt. 

"Are you ready to meet your new foster mom?" Mrs. Brown asks me.

"Yes." I say. I just hope she's really nice and not mean and hopefully we'll get to go home soon.

Maria's POV 

It's been six months since the children have gone, six months of a living hell. I miss them so f*ucking much, at the same time it's so fucking hard to quit. It helps keep my mind calm. I failed my drug test, so they increased the amount of time my children will be away from me. They're giving me six months. Six months to improve myself, another six months away from my babies. I have to go to all my AA meetings and parenting class, and complete the program which takes about six months, if I don't do it my kids will have to stay longer and if I don't pass there's a chance the kids will be adopted. It's to stressful being without the kids, it's just so hard. I cry every night drinking all my sorrows away. 

Jonathan barely talks to me much, it's just so depressing. Sometimes I even here him cry at night too. He just goes to work and comes home looking sad and gloomy. There's times where we just cry in each other's arms and go to sleep hugging each other. He also has to go to the AA meetings and parenting classes, he will also be drug tested. Both of us has to pass, if not we wont get our children back, simple as that.

"Well no more!" I get up and take all my beer bottles and vodka and dump it all down the drain. I can't do it anymore, if I really want my children back, then I have to stop this bullsh*t. Not just for my health but also for my children so I can be a better and healthier mom to them. I also take all the weed I bought, meth, and cocaine and throw it all down the garbage disposal. I then go and take a shower and go to bed so I can get some rest before I go to my parenting class in the morning. 

Isabell's POV (Later on that evening)

We go to Mrs. Browns office and watch a movie Peter Pan and eat snacks; gummy bears and pizza bagels, yummy. It took us a very long time to get here about an hour. In a little while Mrs. Brown will take us to our new foster home. 'I wonder if she'll be nice or will she be mean like Cinderella's evil step mom.' I think to myself as I munch on my gummy bears. After I finish my snacks I decide to draw a picture, while Mario is sitting down playing with the colorful blocks. He likes building stuff with blocks, I do to sometimes. I make houses and cars, it's very fun. I go sit at the small table, get a piece of paper, the color pencils, crayons, snd think of what I should. I decided to draw a big house with flowers in a garden and all my brother's and mom and dad. I get another piece of paper and draw a nice big flower, so I can give to my new foster mom.

"Ok Isabell, it's time to go to your new foster home." Mrs. Brown says as she gets out from her desk. 

"Ok." I say as I put all the crayons and color pencils away. I take my drawings and put my chair back properly by the table  and follow her out of her office. We then go and into her car and begin our journey to our new foster home. About thirty minutes later we arrived to a big house with a beautiful garden in front.

"Welcome to your new foster foster home." Mrs. Brown says as she helps get Mario out of the car and walks us to the front of the house. She then rings the door bell and waits for a bit. A few seconds later a lady opens the door.

"Hi you must be Mrs. Brown, Isabell, and Mario come on in." She opens the door wider for us and takes us to the living room. 

"I'm Ms. Sharron and this is my daughter Alecia." She introduces herself and her daughter. 

"I'm Isabell and this is my brother Mario." I say and smile to her. 

"Come on I'll show you your new rooms." She takes me and shows me my room, it's very nice and there's a Disney Princess blanket and pillows. and there's a small bed for Mario that has Winnie the Pooh blankets and pillow. 

"We're gonna get you your pj's, and you will take a bath and change. And come so you can eat your dinner. After that you can watch some cartoons and then it'll be time to go to bed at eight o'clock." She says with a smile.

"Ok." I say and smile at her. So far she seems nice. Mrs. Brown bring the clothes from the car then bids us goodbye.

"Bye Mrs. Brown, goodnight." I say to her as she walks out the door. I get my pj's and go to the bathroom do I can take a bath. 

"Here is a towel and washcloth and soap so you can take your bath."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome."

After I finish taking my bath and putting on my pj's, I go to the kitchen and ask Mrs. Sharron for a cup of water.

"Come sit and eat Isabell. I made fried chicken and mashed potatoes." 

After dinner I went to use the bathroom, wash my hands, and brush my teeth. And went to go to sleep, today was a long day.

***********************************************************************************************

Author's Note: 

Salaam (Peace) you guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in like two weeks it's very busy these days, getting ready to start college and stuff. Let me know what you guys think of my story so far. Do you you think Maria and Jonathan will be able to change their ways in order to get her children back? 

Wrote 1,400 words for this chapter, vote, comment, share please! And Goodnight or should I say morning, it's 12:43 am here in California. :)