Chapter 10: Hope

Isabell's POV (age 7)

OK this is taking forever. Why are we not home yet, what's going on? I wish that we can just go home already and live together with our parents. It's been a year now and we're still not home. I wish that I new the reason's why we couldn't live with our parents, and how long we would have to stay in foster homes before going back home. Every time I would ask my CPS worker Mrs. Brown, she would say that I'm to young to understand. 

We are still living in Ms. Sharron's home, she's very nice actually and me and her daughter Alecia have become great friends. We play with her doll house together. Sometimes we have tea parties with my new friends Carol and Lisa and play dress up. We even have slumber parties on the weekends; we watch Disney Princess movies, eat pizza, popcorn, ice cream, and we paint each other's nails. I'm having a great time but I still miss my parents. It's a good thing that I don't cry as much as I used to anymore. I would sit in the window and watch the moon and cry because I missed my mother. I would think about them everyday but now I'm not as sad as I used to be. We still visit our parents on the weekends, once a month we spend the night at our parents house for three days. Other than that nothing has really changed.

Today Mrs. Brown would be coming to visit me and my siblings for our monthly visit, tonight. Hopefully she'll give me some answer's to my questions.  

It's Saturday, which means no school! I don't have much to do, well except a page of my math homework... but that can wait until later. I just got finished playing with the dollhouse and eating my lunch; chicken nuggets, french fries, and apple slices. I think I'll just take a nap now. 

(Later on that day) 

After waking up from my nap, I decided to do my math homework. It's easy pretty easy, I just had to do some addition and subtraction. After that I decided to go and play with the basketball. I like to practice making the ball go in the hoop, it's really fun. 

"Isabell, Mrs. Brown is here. Come inside so you can talk to her!" I hear Ms. Sharron shout my name. 

"I'm coming!" I shout back, then I put away the basket ball away, where all the other balls go in the big red bucket. Then I run inside the house.

"Hi Mrs. Brown!" I say while shaking her hand.

"Hello Isabell, how have you been doing?" She asked me. 

"I'm doing good." I say with a smile on my face. 

"That's good, I'm just going to ask you a few questions to see how have you been doing, how you  are doing in school and some other questions, okay?"

"Okay." 

"Ms. Sharron if you don't mind, I'm going to talk to Isabell outside in the front yard." Mrs. Brown turns and says to Ms. Sharron.

"No, of course I don't mind."

"Okay." We both walk outside and sit on the swing that's in the front yard.

"So how do you like it here Isabell?" 

"I like it here Ms. Sharron and Alecia are very nice to me."

"That's nice, so no ones treating you badly or hurting you?"

"No." I assure her. 

"Do you mind sticking out your arms like this, so I can look at them." She tells me while holding her arms out in front of her.

"Okay." I say and do the same thing she's doing with her arms. She then inspects them.

" You don't have any unusual marks in you, that's good."