Chapter Four - Locked Away

Hey Followers,

So this chapter is yet another continuation of my last three (Chapter One - My Savior, Chapter Two - The Trick & Chapter Three - Masquerade Ball).

I suggest you read them if you haven't but feel free not too.

Anyways...this chapter is a continuation from the last chapter.

P.S. If you want to have the 'proper experience' then play the song when notified to.

P.P.S. Sorry for all of the P.O.V switching. I was trying to catch everyone's feelings.

Enjoy <(>0<)>

-----Rhysand-----

Feyre looked just as I imagined her to look in her raven outfit, matching mine. Her hair was in a complicated knot. Her makeup was only lightly applied but she look wonderful. The mask was secured comfortably around her face. 

"Hello Feyre darling", I purred.

"Hello High Lord", she purred right back

I reached for her waist, as she did my shoulder, my other hand resting in hers. I pulled her into a dance to follow the music playing. Everyone else was dancing the same dance.

I wish I could freeze this moment in time and stay dancing like this forever. 

I had not yet gotten my present, for Yulemas, for Feyre.

I have no idea what to get her. 

For Amren I got her a sets of jewelry made of dark, elegant pearls. For Elain I got her another set of jewelry made of sapphires as bright as the night sky. Nesta also received a set of jewelry but hers was made of red rubies as deep as blood.

I couldn't get Feyre jewelry. I had already given her enough that she wore a new piece everyday. I also couldn't get her what I got Cassian and Azriel. For them I chose elegant twin Illyrian blades, to replace their old, used ones. 

I got taken from my thoughts as the music had stopped playing around us. Feyre and I looked around confused. The source of the music, the musicians, had stopped strumming their instruments and were staring wide-eyed at the doors to the ballroom. I couldn't see what they were seeing on the raised stage but I could feel it.

The power of a High Lord.

The High Lord of the Spring Court. 

-----Feyre-----

I felt Rhys emit a deep, rumbling growl. People in the crowd gasped and slowly backed away as Rhys prowled forward, keeping me safely behind me. 

Azriel, Cassian, Mor and Amren joined us as we made our way to the ballroom doors. I could feel the anger rolling of Rhys in tendrils of smoke. He shifted into his winged form and kept walking towards the doors. That is when I felt him.

My spine locked. He came back to get me. To take me back to that cage. 

I backed away and slammed into someone. I turned around. It was Lucien. 

He grinned and just before I could run he grabbed me and pulled me tight against his chest. 

I whispered something that only he could hear. Something that I knew would startle him. I whispered,"I am inside Elain's mind right now. If you do anything to me I will crush her mind with half a thought." His spine locked up. 

"Don't. You. Dare" He said, loud enough that Amren turned around and screamed something so vulgar at him that everyone, except Cassian and Azriel who were keeping an eye on Tamlin, turned around.