lll. Illusion(Editing)

The Hunters of Artemis

Amazing_User

Chapter Three

The familiar voice whispered in her ear. She rubbed her temples frustrated and annoyed at the nagging voice in her head. How was she breaking in her own presence?

If only...

Annabeth shook her head, biting her plump lip from crying and exposing the stored tears she stopped from irking out.

Oh the mistake you made, Daughter of Athena..

Yet after all the contemplation, staying all night and looking up to the ceiling at night she couldn't answer the question. She was left with the conclusion with nothing but with three simple words.

I don't know.

Her actions where reckless and irrational, she couldn't help but feel guilty and solemn. Her mind was fuzzy and was fogged up with images of him. Could she go back to New York and set everything back? Forget all the mindless actions she did and go back to the arms she missed all along and look into his eyes tell him how much she missed him. And tell him to never let go and dismiss the memories in Harvard that she left behind?

No. She felt a knot in her throat as her fingers trailed towards the red pendant on her neck and It felt like someone stabbed her in the heart, and that unprotected feeling prickled down her mind, the hair on her arms rose up sending shivers down her spine. Her chest rose and the knot in her throat stopped her from properly breathing making her lungs shatter in the lack of air. She knew the answer would have an affect towards her.

Don't I get a kiss for good luck?

Her tears thickened and fell to the floor like an endless waterfall. The darkness surround her dorm room as if there wasn't any source of light to protect her from the monsters.

Your fault, daughter of Athena...

She wiped away the tears angrily and pulling the roots of her curly blonde hair, frustrated. She knew everything led up to this for some reason, there had to be. And she was sure of it.

Weak. You are no Daughter of Wisdom.

Her brain seemed to not fully understand the state of being she was. Fuzzy and filled with memories of a flawless Son of Posiedon, and his sea-green eyes, she was filled with a pure hatred towards the boy who was destined for greatness.

Because he had an affect on her that made her insecure. Her walls that she built for so long, crumbled beneath his feet as he smashes through without knowing. But she loved him.

Her boyfriend.

She was melting away to her own little world.

She pressed the pendant closer to her skin, imagining the feeling of his fingers trailing down her. The present day was just a glimpse of a nightmare, not just one you wake from.

Annabeth stopped herself.

Her wet tears were stained. A short memory of the loss of tears she wasted on him.

She was stupid.

Stupid for laying on her bed and crying things out like a mortal, but crying for a boy almost made her grimace. Now, she was yearning to be a mortal. Annabeth sighed knowing that the trickling feeling of being unloved would always float around her like a cloud but would disappear at times.

Watch me fall apart...

Her eyes dreaded for sleep.

Annabeth knew that any minute she would be in deep lumber that would make up for the lack of sleep her body took. But she couldn't force her gray eyes to shut. It seemed like she was afraid of the phobia of not waking up and breathing again, to wake up and see everything was fine.

But it was the opposite.

She felt scared.

But Annabeth felt the same feeling when she's alone in a room. The unnecessary feeling of being watched, the instinct to run and scream. She knew the shadows were mocking her, they wanted a chase. But she always ended up walking slowly because either way they would end up next to you holding a death sentence, while you smile at them like an old friend.

My little secret.

Happiness was just a distant memory.

She remembered waking up satisfied with her life. Now, she forces herself to wake. Sometimes, she would almost taste happiness in her tongue but it would snap her into reality.

And while she smiles, she wishes to just leave her to be.

To not try.

She heard a soft knock and a deep muffled voice outside in the dorm hallway. Confused, Annabeth quickly got up frantically, glancing towards the nearest mirror, and opened the door to reveal a structure of a shadow.

"Hey Wise Girl." his masculine voice whispered sending tingles down her spine.

She quickly wrapped her arms around instinctively, smelling the salty ocean air in his blue hoodie." Seaweed brain..." She kissed his lips a little too forcefully but she missed him and he was there. It was all that mattered. He kissed back with much passion laying his hand on her waist and tightening his grip.

She stopped, breaking away. Percy looked at her, worried etched on his beautiful face,"What's wrong, Wise Girl?" He asked his sea-green eyes staring at her stormy grey eyes. And for the moment she felt the fluttering in her heart. Her brain melted away and she knew not to keep up her walls.

She was home.

"I just feel like....like we are safe for once." She muttered softly staring at the beauty of her best friend.

Percy bit down on his bottom lip (teasing) and dominating the clash of their tongues. The Daughter of Wisdom hands roamed around his jet black hair and tangling her fingers in his soft locks.

It felt natural.

"Yeah because we don't have any monsters chasing us or any evil Titan screaming bloody murder." Percy whispered lowly in her ear and she shivered. He trailed down hot kisses down her neck while she closed her eyes and biting her lip, trying to stop the moans from coming out.

"Way to ruin the moment, Seaweed brain." She muttered softly and smiling under his gaze as he wrapped his strong arms around her.

They laid back, staring at the white ceiling. Just them. Hearing the rhythm of their heart beats that clumped together perfectly, made their breathing slow down as Annabeth nuzzled closer and being intoxicated with the ocean air she loved. Percy kissed her forehead affectionately while tangling their legs together and, with his fingers, he played with Annabeth's princess hair happily.

And in a blink of an eye his smile was gone.

Another illusion.

She was met with the cold touch of the lonely atmosphere she was choking in. Annabeth knew deep inside the fates were just giving her a taste of madness, for they wanted pain.

They wanted entertainment.

It was the just the beginning.