lV. Dying(Editing)

Hunters of Artemis

Amazing_User

Chapter Four

"Perseus Jackson. We meet again."

"I just need to get an apple, then I'll be done. Just let me pass and I'll be gone to no later then nighttime." he promised while looking towards the apples and pass the four nymphs.

"Why should we let thee? Thy is a threat." One Hesperides spoke up and looking back at the coppery Dragon.

"Last time I came you said I wasn't a threat. And it hasn't changed, I'm no threat." he muttered looking at the gorgeous Hesperides as their volcanic eyes bore into his sea-green ones.

"You know he will kill thee on site?" one girl said flicking her silky black hair back, her carmel skin glimmering in the sunset.

"Why didn't he do it last time I came?" Percy argued trying to persuade the nymphs.

"Because thy had someone else fight thee! And what happened to thy?" Another one spoke coldly." She died!"

"Zoë had courage unlike any of you will ever have, she died a hero." Percy hissed angrily and his eyes darkened at the mentioned of his oldest friend who now lives in the constellations.

They remained quiet but the lead girl spoke up shaking."Thy will never come back after this. We only let you pass this time because of what you did to help the gods." He walked without another word and shutting his mind off for a moment.

"All Zoë wanted was freedom. She got it and you guys despised her for that. Let that bare for your eternal life. Be happy for her." Percy Jackson whispered lowly tightening his grip on Riptide as it suddenly felt heavier.

"Thee betrayed us. But time will heal our forgiveness for her."

He looked at them one last time.

"I hope you do."

Once he took off towards the apples he knew the sleeping dragon would wake up any moment as he silently

hoped that he remained dreaming.

And of course being fairly lucky, the dragon awoke.

"Really?" Percy asked annoyed," Why do you people hate me?"

The dragon snarled as his bad breath intoxicated Percy's fresh air even though they were both breathing the same oxygen.

Ugh. Someone really needs to buy breath mints.

He thought gagging and pinching the bridge of his nose while using his other hand to hold his ball-point pen. He was about to faint from the bad smell. Literally.

His dark murky eyes looked confused for quite a moment, probably not knowing why a demigod disturbed his beauty sleep.

Scratch the beauty part.

Dragons definitely weren't beautiful but they were unique in their own way like the coppery dragon standing high in front of the black haired boy.

Don't go for the heads, it's useless. Hercules tried but failed.

He remembered Zoë saying something similar when she fought off Ladon. He was partially the reason Zoë Nightshade died in combat, and Percy was mad. He wanted revenge.

She accepted him even though he was a boy and she was a Hunter. Percy had to admit it warmed his heart to know he wasn't half bad charming the ladies. Kidding. He had perfection and her name was Annabeth Chase, and as cheesy as it sounds, she was his other half.