Vl. Knives(Editing)

Hunters of Artemis

Amazing_User

Chapter Six

Numb.

She was gone.

And he ran.

The only place he could think of that could shelter him from the nightmare he would have to face everyday. The people. The problem. Reality.

Percy never remembered how he made it to his cabin but once he did, he locked it pushing forward an empty bunk bed to block people from coming in.

He was planning on not leaving this place and let it become his personal solitary. He hoped life after the war would be filled with happiness.

And he was underestimated.

Yet again.

By why him?

Why did every single time he could finally get to see the world in a different perspective always ends up being a twist of a nightmare? Didn't he do enough?

His eyes dropped to his arm.

You deserve it.

"NO! He roared. He wasn't sick. No. He was perfectly fine.

Right?

Was he?

But nothing else was there to help his depressed thoughts, everything became red. All he heard was the ringing in his ears and the world slowing down in each breath he took, lungs gave in like it was a natural feeling.

You can do it.

All was heard was laughter as Percy took one last look into the world, his home. The place that held memories for years, the place that made him Percy Jackson.

He was Percy Jackson.

All his five senses deemed to nothing. Pain was nothing. Everything seemed like a distant memory like he was suffering a nightmare. It seemed like ones of those dreams that you have and all sense is lost. It seems real but you can't breathe or move. Everything was lost. You reach for it and it disappears taunting you, killing you by the second but it's you.

You're the reason that everything kills.

Razor sharp knives pierced kissing his skin and leaving a stinging to feel. It felt good.

"I am never ever going to make things easy for you, Seaweed Brain. Get used to it."

Pain.

Screams.

Numbness.

In a matter of seconds he felt all this emotion whelm up inside him making it overpowering for him. All he could've done, he could've saved her. Annabeth. His best friend. His girlfriend.

He could give up.

But he was holding on as if..

The pain will never go away.

As if...

As if anyone would hear his screams.

He was finally alone.

All the power surged throughout him, all the darkness in him all the anger was targeted on only one man. Him. It seemed like everything was gone, pain was power. And everyone that he loved was there, but they weren't. For that second his eyes turned dark as night, the waves stopped and the world itself froze in his command.

Like wind he was silent but at the same time it muttered in your ear, sending chills down your spine. Its coldness surrounded him, and his aura became the darkness of the world.

His breathing took away everything in a wisp. Feeling the red liquid flow like a waterfall, the monster feeding on his blood and fear. The moment your fears come alive it's just you and them, alone. What if this is all a game? Life itself studies you in every way possible, finding a way to make you scared. Spiders, snakes, death, and all these things only happen where?

The only place you can't see, darkness.

The only way to see light is to not be afraid, step into that tunnel and walk into the dark, but don't worry you won't come back, ever. All he felt was fear, fear of finding himself not waking up and finding darkness as home. He was afraid of grasping for air, to be happy again.

One on one.

Would he be here when the moon goes down and the sun comes up? Would he be able dream without a worry in life? The earth spins and the sky smiles at you, rain falls and you find a moment to see that life does need a laugh.

So you laugh.

How pathetic?

All his energy was drained and his eyes tried closing but there was still a little sane in his head which helped him from keeping away from the darkness. But he wanted a breakthrough from everything. Not just a day but forever. He wanted to sleep.

To let the monsters in.

"She will come back to me."

He whispered to himself, forgetting what he did to himself.

Why he did it to himself.

"I die knowing everyone is happy right? I'll die with a laugh at myself, of how pathetic I am." Percy looked up, smiling." Point being, life is a waste." He laughed like a maniac and his eyes filled with tears, all these years of experience lead to this. His heart told him to stop, but his mind told him the opposite.

He didn't know who to listen to.

Because the voices took over.

And they're in control.

So he kept going.

And going..

And...

going...