Prolouge

Serena's POV:

"What? You're leaving!!" I yelled.

Ash nodded his head, "I think it's time I set off to a new region, ya know, to meet new people and pokemon!" He took off his red and white cap.

"B-But what about us?" I looked down to the dusty path.

"We'll still be friends! You can always write to me! And we'll keep in touch!" Ash smiled his determined smile.

"But still...what will I do?" I looked deeply into his brown eyes.

"Well...you can–uhh–" Ash stammered.

"See! You don't know either! Ash please don't go!! I can't go on!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

"Serena. I'm sorry. But I-I can't stay in Kalos forever!" Ash shook his head.

Ash had a point. He lives in Kanto. I live in Kalos. He might want to see his friends and family from Kanto.

I looked down, "You have a point."

Ash nodded.

There was a moment of silence, then Ash broke it.

"Here, take this." Ash handed me his cap. I stopped. "So you can remember me!" He rubbed his nose.

I grabbed the hat and put it close to my chest. "Thank you!" I smiled, tears kept running down my face.

Ash grinned then looked at his watch. "Oh man! I better get going to the airport!" He panicked.

I giggled at his childish behaviour. "You're reading the watch wrong! It says 6:30 not 9:30!"

He stopped. "Oh...oops.."

I laughed and Ash began laughing too. Soon, we were on the ground laughing.

"Hey! I know what! How about we go and look at some stores! Then, it'll be time for you to get on the plane." I frowned at the last part.

Ash smiled, "Sounds like a plan!"

<><><><><><><><><><><>

I looked at my watch, "it's 9:00, we better head over to the airport." I tried to smile.

"Oh yeah! Time sure flies by when I spend time with you!" Ash smiled. I blushed at his complaint.

We walked down the street to the airport. The lights in the city were bright and beautiful. I looked at Ash and blushed.

Ash and I are really close. We've been through a lot. I've grown a liking into him....like more than a friend. And I really don't want him to go...

"Well–this is it...I guess" I looked to the ground. "Awe cheer up Serena!" Ash smiled.

I looked up and him and clenched his cap.

"Flight 24 boarding to Kanto. Flight 24 boarding to Kanto" The loud speakers called.

"That's your flight" I said.

Ash nodded, "I'll never forget you! You're my best friend!"

He ran into the crowd, out of sight.

I tried not to cry.