Chapter Ten

Serena's POV

"Serena? Is that you?!"

I know that voice! It's Ash!

"Ash!" I cried. I saw a figure walk out of the cave and I ran into his arms, not caring about a thing in the world.

"I'm so sorry!!" I sniffled, still crying. "For what?" Ash began to run my back, which calmed me. "For running away! And worrying you all!" I rested my head in his shoulder.

Ash gripped my shoulders. "It's okay! You were upset and couldn't help it. I understand." I smiled, "So, you're not mad?" He shook his head " Why would I be?" I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu jumped into my arms and nuzzled me. We didn't really have an official meeting.

Ash sat on a rock and looked outside. "I hope the others are alright back at the Pokemon Center." "I'm sure they are! You know how protective Nurse Joy can get." I smiled and Ash chuckled.

We made a fire and started talking about random things. I was worried about Lillie. She once told me she hated storms.

I heard a sound that sounded like a whimper. "Ash...did you hear that?" I put my hand up. "No...what was it?" Of course he didn't hear, he's as dense as a rock.

"I think I heard a whimper." The whimpering sound came a little closer. "I do hear it!" Ash said.

I walked closer to the opening of the cave. And there, I saw a Vulpix. But wait, why was it white?!

"Ash..can you come here for a second?" I asked. Ash walked over, "What's up?" And he looked at the small, wet, shaking, cold Vulpix.

"Wow! It's an Alolan Vulipx!" Ash yelled. The Vulpix tensed up. "Ash! You're scaring it!" I snapped. He rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry.."

I sighed and kneeled down next to the Vulpix. "Hello there!" I put my hand in front of it and let it sniff me.

The Vulpix nudged my arm and gently cuddled into my chest. I was heart warmed by the sight.

"Aww! Vulpix is taking a liking into you!" Ash said as he kneeled down to pet the fluffy, white Pokemon.

"Hurry! In here!" I heard a voice that came closer. Until I heard footsteps.

"What the–?" Ash got up and walked over to the entrance.

"Who's there–" Ash immediately stopped talking and gasped. I picked up Vulpix and walked to where Ash was.

"What's wrong?" I looked up and saw Misty and some guy with brown, spiky hair.

Was Misty cheating? Why is Misty here? Who is that dude?

Questions filled my head.

"Ash!" Misty leaped into Ash's arms, and Ash embraced her as he planted a kiss on her cheek.

Anger and jealousy hit me in the heart. I looked over at the guy with the brown spiky hair. He seemed angered by the fact Misty was hugging Ash. Did he have a crush on Misty?

I decided to say hi to the guy.

I walked over to him. "Hello! My name is Serena!" I held out my hand, hoping he would shake.

He smiled. "Please to meet ya! I'm Gary!" Gary took my hand and shook it.

"So, do you know Ash or something?..." I asked, trying not to be awkward. "Yeah! He is my childhood rival. We grew up together." "Cool." I replied.

"How do you know Ash?" Gary asked. I blushed slightly, "Oh..well we met at Professor Oak's summer camp when we were kids and–" Gary interrupted, "Hey! That's my grandpa!" "Really?" I asked. Gary nodded. "Continue." He said.

"I met up with him a few years ago in Kalos and we traveled together for about a year." I smiled as memories flooded through my mind.

"YOU WHAT!?" Misty hollered making echoes in the cave, and scaring Vulpix. "Misty! It was a friendly hug! Nothing else!" Ash threw his hands up in the air.

They were talking about me.

"That's it! You're cheating on me! Cheating!" Misty screamed.

She ran over to where Gary and I were standing, and pushed my into a puddle. Vulpix jumped out of my arms, and into Gary's.

Misty ran out into the storm.

"Misty!" Ash yelled. He walked over to me and let out his hand. It felt like the first time we met. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, really sorry." He mummered and quickly let go.