Why we skate

Chap 7: Why we skate (unedited)

As I woke up I smiled, it was only a dream.

It was such a strange dream to be honest. I was turned into a baby with a drink? Oh god, what's with my mind? How does that even happen?

I smile and look over to see Victor asleep on the floor, his head resting on the bed looking at me. He seemed tired, like he hadn't sleep in a while. What happened? He stirred from his sleep and looked at me with a saddened look. What's with that look? Did something happen? "Good morning Yuuri." He said getting up. For some reason he looked really tall. Probably because I was laying down. He sighed and reached out for me, "come on let's go get some breakfast then meet up with Yurio and Otabek" he said picking me up.

But the way he picked me up gave me view of my feet and how I looked. And what I saw terrified me. I wasn't dreaming, I was a baby. The shock hit me and soon I found myself crying in his arms and throwing a fit. Victor freaked out, "shh Yuuri! It's okay I'm here" he said trying to calm me down but it didn't work. He looked around for something to calm me down but I couldn't calm down. He sat me down and ran to the fridge and poured some milk into a bottle he must've taken from Celestino. He tried to get me to drink it but because of my fit I just kept crying and slapped it out of his hands. It got to the point where I was screaming making him more stressed. "Yuuri how about we go for a ride? Let's get dressed and see everyone huh?" he asked trying to make me stop crying. I didn't.

He sighed and took me to our bedroom and he quickly got dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I continued to cry as he got me dressed in a outfit similar to his. He stopped and checked my diaper, "Okay not crying because of that..." he whispered and picked me up. He quickly took me to his car, he tried to get there as fast as he could because he probably didn't want his neighbors to see me.He buckled me in the car and quickly went to the rink.

Once at the rink he quickly grabbed me and ran me inside. I screamed and threw my arms at him as he ran into the rink to where Yurio and Otabek were. The two turned to us surprised and we did the same, Pichit and Celestino where there as well. Pichit's eyes widened, "did something happen to Yuuri?" he asked skating over to us. Victor shook his head, "no he's fine, but he's been throwing a fit all morning" he said trying to shosh me. It didn't work.

Everyone took turns trying to calm be down but nobody could. But when it was Yurio something strange happened. "Katsudon shut up!" he yelled making me cry louder. Everyone glared at him and his eyes widened, "I take it back it's okay. Just please calm down, everyone is here for you okay? Sorry for raising my voice, I don't know how to deal with these situations" he said and then took me and held me so that I was facing behind him so he could rub my back. And for some reason I immediately calmed down. He seemed to get surprised when he pulled me back to look at my face. Victor skated over to us surprised, "how did you do that?" he asked. Yurio looked up at him and shook his head, "I have no idea. I guess he just wanted something like a confirmation that it was alright?" he said looking at me. Victor nodded, "I see, I was only saying that I was here and to be quiet so that makes since" he murmured cradling me.

Once I had finally calmed down Victor decided that he should start training with Yurio and gave me to Pichit. Pichit had brought some toys for me and now the two were playing games with me to keep me occupied. "Where's Pichit" Pichit asked and my eyes widened. Where'd he go? Then all the sudden his hands moved and he appeared like magic, I giggled and reached out for him, "there he is!". This happened a few more times each time he kept disappearing and reappearing like magic.

I've got to learn this trick.

Pichit was now rattling some kind of toy in front of me when I decided to look at the ice to where Victor was. I wanted to be with him. I reached for Victor and Pichit tried to get my attention again, "he's working Yuuri, he can't play right now" he said shaking the toy again. Can't play? I don't know what's with my head but all the sudden that made me very sad. I sniffled and Pichit's eyes widened, "no, no Yuuri it's okay" he said trying to hush me but it was too late. I started to cry again.

Victor, Yurio, and Otabek turned to us surprised. Victor skated over and Pichit sighed, "looks like Yuuri wants you to play with him" he said holding me up. I reached out for Victor and made grabby hands at him. I sniffled a few more times before Pichit got up and handed me to Victor. I immediately cheered up and giggled. Victor shook his head and went back to Yurio and Otabek with me in his arms. But instead of going back to training Yurio he started to spin and do tricks with me in his arms. I couldn't stop laughing in his arms as we twirled around.

We went on doing that for a bit until Victor stopped as if he got the perfect idea. "Pichit! Do you think you could find any mini skates?" Victor asked smirking. Pichits eyes widened and he ran to a room where the skates were stored. He then came out with a tiny pair of skates. Pichit went to the edge of the wall and set them on it before sitting down with Celestino to get his skates on as well. Victor skated to the wall and grabbed the skates then sat down on the ice to put them on me.

Once the skates were tied he got up and tried to stand me up. He bent down and held both my hands above my head and moved forward my feet dragging behind me slightly. He smiled and moved forward a bit faster, "try to move your feet too Yuuri" he said picking up the pace. I tried to get my feet to move and soon I was doing it with his support. I didn't have any balance but I was moving my legs randomly so with Victor's support I was moving around.

Pichit joined us on the ice and soon everyone was skating around with me. It was a ton of fun, all of us skating around with each other. Victor would every now and again pull me up by my arms so it was like I was jumping and he would skate in a circle so it was like I was spinning. He once let go of me to see if I could stand but I ended up just falling down immediately. Pichit then took my arms and would spin me around and make silly faces that made me laugh. Yurio once got me and we went really fast around the whole rink, and at one point he took one of my arms and Otabek took the other and we skated across the rink. Everyone was just taking a break from training and having fun on the ice. And to everyone it was like a friendly reminder to why we skate. It's because it brings us together, it's fun, and no matter who you are you can do it too. The smiles on everyone's face was proof of that.