Babysitting

Chap 8: Babysitting

(If you didn't realize it yet, I change the point of view each chapter. I ended up forgetting to put who's POV is up so I just wanted to say this as a heads up because I want to continue this day in Yuuri's POV because Victor is just going to be training Yurio, and it's pretty boring so here is this instead!)

Yuuri's POV

After we ice skated for a while Yurio ordered Victor to start training him like he promised some more. Victor agreed to Yurio's request but became a little worried on what to do with me since I've been throwing all those fits lately. "Pichit? Would you mind babysitting Yuuri today? I think it would help me out a lot if you could just hang out with him to keep him from crying" he asked looking down at me. I was currently in his arms being rocked back and forth with one of his fingers in my hands, so that I knew he was right there with me.

It was a nice feeling to me, and personally didn't want to let go. "Of course I'll babysit him, Victor" Pichit said smiling brightly at him and me. As much as I love being around Pichit, him being one of my best friends in all. There is one problem. He likes to instagram everything. And I don't know how he will handle a situation like this.

As if reading my mind, Victor turned to Celestino, "make sure that Pichit doesn't post anything online or take pictures. We don't want news of this getting out, okay?" he says making Celestino nod and Pichit pout. "Oh come on! I was only gonna save pictures in my camera roll!" he whined. Victor shook his head, "even so, what if when he's back to normal he see's the pictures? What are we going to do then?" he asks making Pichit lower his head into a pout. "Fine." he said finally giving into the two coaches. He took out his precious baby from his pocket and slowly gave it to his coach, shedding a few fake tears in the process.

Once the phone was out of his hands he turned away from Celestino as if he was going to do something terrible to it. Celestino sighed and put the phone in his pocket before patting him on the back reassuringly, "you're doing the right thing" Celestino said comforting the poor boy.

Victor chuckled and looked away from the sight to look at me. "I'll see you later" he whispered before smiling at me. He pulled me up in his arms, "I wish I could stay by your side my love, but cranky Yurio over there would be furious with me" he whispered smiling sadly at me. Knowing he would soon have to give me over to Pichit he pulled me closer to him and hugged me before kissing my forehead.

An inhuman sound was heard as we turned to see Pichit about crying at the sight of us, "I need my baby for pictures!" he wailed. "They're my ship, and I missed the perfect photo!" he cried falling to his knees.

For a moment we just let him lay there, this was probably the first time in a long time he's ever had to give up his phone for anything other than practice or a performance. He's very emotional right now.

~

After a few minutes of Celestino comforting Pichit with some ice cream he managed to find, Yurio yelled at Victor to hurry up. Victor slowly handed me over to Pichit and Pichit hugged me close for the comfort. "I will take great care of him, I promise" Pichit sniffed smiling at him. Victor nodded and skated back and immediately got scolded from Yurio for taking so long. "Bye Yurio! Bye Otabek!" Pichit yelled at the exit. The couple turned to us and waved goodbye, Yurio sending a more sympathetic look.

Pichit looked at me and smiled, "let's go have some fun!"

~

Pichit and Celestino ended up taking me back to their hotel to play with some toys Celestino bought on his shopping craze the day before. As we got inside Pichit set me on the bed and took out a few things like another rattle, a binky, a stuffed pig, and some star that had a string coming out of it. Celestino grabbed bit of wire from one of his shoppings bags and set up one of the wires above where I was resting and tied the star around it so that it dangled in front of me. I stared up at the star as Pichit lightly picked me up and set me down on another blanket with a pillow under my head so I was a bit more comfy. He took the binky and brought it close to my mouth.

I've always been curious to why babies liked binkies so much, so I opened my mouth and let him put it in. And let me tell you, you'd be surprised to how great this it. Since I really don't have teeth right now this was the closest thing I could get to chewing without hurting myself and it was great! I could care less about everything this was where it was at!

Pichit took one of the rattles from his pile of toys and shook it in front of me a bit. I remember that I used to really hate that sound, but right now it seemed, right? I felt myself getting a bit tired from everything that we've done today and yawned.

I threw a tantrum, skated, was driven to a hotel, sucked on a binkie, and was being lulled by a rattle.

Pichit's eyes widened once he realized I wanted to sleep and got another blanket (how many does this guy have!) and placed it on me and and handed me the pig plushie. He then quickly ran over to a shopping bag and grabbed a story book. He handed to book to Celestino and sat on the bed next to mine and laid down. Celestino shook his head and got on two knees and opened the book. "Once upon a time..." and I was asleep.

~

Victor's POV (I did it at some point!)

We trained until a little after noon before I hurried off to pick up Yuuri. I hadn't heard from either of them since they left this morning and I was a little worried.

I quickly ran inside the hotel and got on the elevator, pressed the button of which floor I needed and headed up. I ran as fast as I could to there door and knocked softly so I didn't scare Yuuri. The door clicked and there appeared Celestino calmly looking at me, "I guess you need Yuuri?" he asked. I nod, "Yeah, was he good?" I ask walking into the room to see Pichit and Yuuri asleep. "Yeah, about thirty minutes after he got here he fell asleep with Pichit. Been asleep ever since" he chuckled looking at the two sleeping boys. I smiled as I walked over to Yuuri and placed my forehead on his, smiling at his sleeping face. He stirred a bit from his sleep and looked at me with excited eyes.

He squealed in delight as he saw me and reached out for me. I smiled and picked him up, smothering him with butterfly kisses. He giggled at the action and reached out and grabbed my nose. I gave him a confused look, but he just giggled again before waving his arms excitedly.

"You're really good with kids" Celestino commented watching us with a smile. I look over at Yuuri, who had to brightest smile I had ever seen. "I guess so" I murmur smiling at my love. "I wish I could've done this earlier this morning" I confessed laughing a bit. He nodded, "yeah, I'm surprised that Yurio managed to calm him" he said stroking his chin. I sigh, "yeah, but to be honest, Yurio can be really gentle if he want to be. He's just cold with a lot of people." I say looking down at Yuuri.

Celestino hums and sits down in a chair picking up a book, "well I guess you guys are free to go now" he added opening his book, like a subtle way of saying 'please go away'. I laughed and picked took Yuuri out of the room but before I left I noticed Yuuri wanted something and turned back. Celestino grumbled and sat up before grabbing the pig plushie and binkie handing it to me. He waved a final goodbye and closed the door on us leaving us outside the room.

I looked over at Yuuri and saw him trying to get the binkie and put it in his mouth. He smiled and reached for the plushie as well and made it so he was hugging it with the binkie in his mouth.

And let's just say, it was adorable.

That took me a long time to write. I don't know if it was that good, but I hope you enjoyed nonetheless!
-Lillian