Yuri on the loose

Chap 12: Yuri on the loose
(also isn't that photo adorable! And that pig onesie is basically the one that baby Yuri has in this story)

Yurio's POV

If someone ever came up to me as a child and told me what was probably the worst moment of my life I would be confused to hear them tell me that it was of me losing one of my friends husband/child in a grocery store.

It all just happened so fast! I wasn't mentally or physically prepared for this at all because c'mon, who would come  into the store like, "I could lose this baby, I better prepare" nobody! So here I am practically running around the store in a panic trying to find this child.

The store luckily wasn't very busy at the moment so I really wasn't worried about someone taking him, and it also helped so that we didn't attract any attention. Right now I was running around the right of the store while Otabek was checking the left, that way we could find him faster. He is a baby, but he couldn't of gotten that far, right?

Wrong. I couldn't find him and I wasn't getting anything from Otabek. I ran to the front of the store to where Otabek and I said that we would meet and saw him waiting anxiously at the spot. Once he saw me he ran up to me, "did you find him?" he asked. My face fell and I shook my head, "I take it you didn't either?" I say looking down. He sighs, "sadly I did not" he murmurs. I put my hands to my eyes and breath, trying to calm myself down in this situation. I really felt like crying, but this wasn't the time. "Where do you think he would go?" Otabek asked. "He's a baby! He doesn't know where he's going!" I yell. "He may be a baby but what other choice do we have?" Otabek said calmly. He placed his hand on my shoulder and I sighed, "okay" I mumble taking my hands off my face.

I take a few deep breaths and think to where Yuri could be right now, "um what do babies like?" I say aloud when I stop, "the toy section. Did we check the toy section!" I ask getting close to Otabek. He steps back a bit and smiles, "no I don't think we did. It's in the back right?" he said and I nod. I grab his hand and start running to the back of the store, hoping with all my heart that he'd be there.

Once we were there we looked through each aisle till there was only one more left. We passed barbies, dolls, and many other toys that were pointed toward little girls when we noticed a small pink ball pit at the end of the aisle.

It was filled up all the way to the top, and the balls were rustling a bit. I turn to Otabek who had a small grin on his face as we saw the ball pit move. I laughed out loud and walked over to the pit and moved it around until Yuri was in my sight. He was giggling and holding onto the balls, he picked up a bright pink one and threw it to me as if he was playing catch, to which I caught and turned back to Otabek. He walked over and looked at Yuri with amusement, "looks like we found him" he said pulling out his phone. He took a few pictures for Victor, "are we going to tell Victor about this?" he asks putting his hand on my shoulder. I look up at him and shake my head, "no, why would we? He would kill us" I say picking Yuri up from the ball pit. "What happens in the store, stays in the store" I comment before walking back to the aisle we left out groceries at.

It took us a bit to find where we had left the cart until we finally found it in the hygiene aisle. I then grabbed the toothpaste I had planned on getting before the whole fiasco and Otabek went to go and check out while I went to the car and waited.

Once we were in the car I got into the passenger seat and held Yuri close to my chest, "you really are a handful, you know that?" I say looking down at him. He giggles a bit and some drool trickles out of his mouth. I quickly get a tissue from a cabinet in the car and wipe it off before it can dry and irritate him. For a bit the two of us played random games like peek-a-boo (which he was very into) and another game like the "I got your nose game" (he didn't like this game one bit and started to cry until he gave him his nose back).