01; The Beginning

Y/N pov (point of view)
I sit nervously, waiting for the others to pick up on Skype. This is crazy. I'm about to join the gang.

After a minute or so, Denis answers. He smiles at me. "Ready to go?" He says.
"I'm nervous." I bite my lip.
"Eh, don't be. You'll do great. Sub picked you for a reason right?"
I give him a weak smile. Just then Alex pops up on the screen.
"Hey Denis, hey Y/N!" Alex grins.
"Hey!" Denis chirps.
I smile and nod.
One after one, everyone shows up. Corl and Sketch show up, and even Jent and Samantha appear.
"This is crazy." I whisper, looking down at my hands.
"I know right."
I look up quickly, the sound of a goofy voice alerting me. Braden gives me a quirky grin, and I smile back. Braden feels like a brother to me. He's the second person i met in the gang (after sub) and he's one of the most hilarious people I've ever met.
"So, Y/N, this video will be pretty simple. We'll all be recording, and we'll introduce you. You'll talk about yourself, how excited you are to work with us, and that will be it." Denis explains.
"What if I'm not excited to work with you guys." I challenge. Everyone laughs. "Dingo, buddy, you just got told." Corl reels.
"Actually, she was referring to everyone." Sub speaks up. It's still weird hearing his raspy voice, since I'm used to his robot voice in his videos. We have barely skyped, so I'm not used to it yet.

By the time I come back to reality, everyone's talking.  Corl, Denis, and Sub are exchanging jokes, Jent, Alex and Sam are talking about a new movie that came out.
"So, is this usually what happens?" I ask Elijah.
"I guess so." He grins. "We'll probably start soon." His eyes twinkle. Huh. I never realized how cute Sketch was.
"So, Y/N, do you like cats?" Denis pulls me out of my daydreaming.
"Uh, I guess. I'm more of a dog person."
Alex cheers, and Denis acts shocked and pretends to faint. I giggle, and everyone else starts chuckling.
"Dramatic much, Denis?" Alex laughs.
"Shut up, Alex!" Corl chuckles.
"Uh uh, not this again!" Alex recalls, thinking of the video they filmed a Roblox video where all Corl did was tell Alex to shut up, in a joking manner of course. It was one of their more popular videos. I can see why. Two adults bickering is pretty amusing.
"We should start guys." Sub says.
Everyone nods in agreement, and I quickly fix my hair and light blue t shirt, wanting to look presentable.
"You look great." Sketch says.
I blush, smiling at Sketch and whispering a quick, "Thank you."
"You would've looked better if you wore an I love cats shirt, but y'know, whatever." Denis pouts, but then laughs. I grin.
"Okay, Denis, you do the intro. Start recording in.. 3..2..1" Sub concludes.

"Hey guys, it's Denis! And I'm here with a Corl, Alex, Sketch, Sub, Sam, Jent, the whole gang! But we have a new member who's joining..."
"Me!" I giggle. "My name is Y/N..."

After we finish recording, everyone chirps in with their own words of encouragement. "You did great!" Sam smiles. Jent nods his head in agreement. "You did amazing." Alex says. "But I have to go. Bye guys!" Alex quickly exits off the call. Sam and Jent cheerfully say their good byes as well, and Denis, Sub and Corl say their congratulations to me and click off. Then it's just me and Sketch.
"How was it?" He asks.
"A lot easier than I thought it would be." I chuckle.
He laughs. "I better get going, Y/N."
I nod. "Mhm. See you later."
And I click off my computer.
I can tell I'm going to love being friends with all these amazing people.

Authors Note!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it's a little slow, but it will get better, I promise!