05; Crashing Down

(The song above is an amazing song, I love it so much!)

Y/N POV

When I enter my room, I collapse on my bed. I'm such an idiot, I think to myself, sighing lightly, and sitting against the wall, hugging my legs to my chest. You were never even dating him. He was just someone you thought was cute.
But I know, that's not all there is to it.

I sit still for at least an hour and a half

I sit still for at least an hour and a half. Contemplating everything. But there's no point in sulking around. I need to find Elijah- and make things right.

************
After washing my face, throwing my hair up, and putting on leggings and a sweater, and a scarf, I put on hunter boots and hop downstairs.

                                ************After washing my face, throwing my hair up, and putting on leggings and a sweater, and a scarf, I put on hunter boots and hop downstairs

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, the gang is all sitting on the couch, watching a movie. They all smile weakly at me. "Are you okay?" Braden hops up.
"I'm fine." I force a smile, and grab my car keys.
"Where are you going?" Alex asks. I manage a chuckle.
"Calm down, dad. I'm just going to find Elijah."
Everyone stares at me in disbelief.
"Damn..." Sub says.
"Y/N, Are you kidding me?" Braden walks over to me, pulling my cars keys out of my hand.
"No." I tug at them, trying to get my grip on them. "Give them back!" I protest.
"You don't need them. You're not going." He dangles them over my head.
I jump, trying to get them. "I am going."
"Why, to cause drama?" Braden questions.
"He has a point." Denis chirps.
"Oh, shut up Casanova." I glare at him.
Denis looks at me in shock.
"Y/N! Why are you acting like this?" Braden raises his voice.
"BRADEN! SHUT UP. I'm going. Now."
"No, you're not." Braden repeats, shaking his head.
"Yes, I am. So give me my car keys, go back to kissing your boyfriend over there, and we'll be good." I don't realize what I'm saying until the words are coming out of my mouth. Hurt flashes across his face, and he looks stunned.
"Oh my god, Braden-"
"No." He interrupts me, in a pained tone. He backs away from me. "Here's your car keys. Get." He throws the keys towards me, and I let them fall to the ground. I start walking toward him, but he stops me.
"No... I trusted you Y/N." And he turns around and heads upstairs. I watch him go up, and then shake my head and feel tears rolling down my cheeks.
I slowly look over at Denis, Sub, and Alex.
Denis starts to sit up. "I didn't mean to!" I choke on tears. "It was an accident. A bad choice. I don't know what came over me I just-"
"If it was a bad choice, you wouldn't have said it." Denis whispers. And he chases after Braden.
Alex starts walking away too. "I'm sorry, Y/N, but that was cruel. You have to be more careful." Alex runs upstairs. Sub just smirks.
"Nice going, Princess. You really messed up this time."
"Go. Now." I hiccup.
He shrugs his shoulders. "Just trying to break the ice."
"Well we didn't need an ice breaker." And with that I grab my keys and rush out the door.

*********************

For a while, I just sit in my car. And cry. And sob. And yell, and scream. But if anyone can make me feel better, it's Elijah.

Flashback
"Do you think I can?" Elijah laughs, his voice echoing because of the Skype connection. I laugh. "I know you can." He shoves eleven warheads in his mouth, and makes the funniest face ever. I roll on the floor, and hollering with laughter. I hear him spitting them out into a trash can, and when I return to see him, he's shaking his head laughing. "My tastebuds are bleeding, I swear." That makes me laugh even harder. We laugh together, and we Skype all day long until we fall asleep.

End of flashback

I start driving out of the driveway, and heading down the road. It's only a ten minute drive to Elijah's, so I'll be there sooner than I know it. I know I can make things right. I have to.

When I'm almost to Elijah's, I notice something in the ditch. Oh my god, is that a car?! Oh my god. It looks like Elijah's. I bite my lip and pull over a couple meters away from it. I slowly get out of my car, and look. I take my phone out, ready to call for help, as I examine the car. I have to go down into the ditch a little bit, and I see the front is all busted up. But when I look in the drivers seat, I burst out into tears.

Because Elijah's body is laying there.

Authors Note!
Another cliffhanger... wow I'm cruel. It's been really hard to write these chapters (since they have been so sad) but I promise, it'll all work out in the end!