07; Don't Forget About Me

(I love the song above. It was in Me Before You, an amazing movie. I thought it fit well with this chapter. It's called 'Don't Forget About Me' by Cloves.)
Thanks for all the support! I love you all! ❤️
Into the story..!

Over the course of the next two days, I stay at the hospital with Elijah. I get used to the cafeteria food, even though it tastes like plastic. I only go home to take showers and grab fresh clothes. Elijah's parents had to go back to taking care of their grandmother, who's very ill, so they only seen him for a little bit. Ethan stays with me most of the time though. Although it's a pretty shitty situation, I get used to it. I'll do anything for Elijah.

On the afternoon two days after the accident, Ethan and I are sitting with coffee, in Elijah's room, talking, when Elijah starts murmuring. Ethan and I jump up and run over to him.
"What's going on?" I whisper.
Ethan just shakes his head.
Then, his brown eyes flutter open. I gasp, and start crying.
"Oh my god!" I find myself smiling. "Go get a nurse, Ethan." Ethan darts out of the room, and I quickly sit next to Elijah's bed. He's looking around, confused, and keeps blinking over and over.
"Hey." I whisper in a gentle tone, "It's okay."
"What happened?" He sleepily asks.
I take his hand. "Well... the morning we were all heading to Denis' to record." I start off gently. He gives me a look of confusion. "Do I know you?" He tugs his hand away from mine. "Elijah, I'm-"
"How do you know my name?"
A tear falls down my cheek.
"No. No. No. No. Elijah. It's me. Y/N!" My voice shakes. This can't be happening. It has to be a dream. But the sad thing is, it isn't.

Denis' POV

Slowly waking up, I hop out of bed, stretching on my way down the stairs. When I reach the bottom, I see Alex and Braden. Kissing. I stare at them in shock, until they look up and notice me. They just laugh. "What's wrong, Denis?" Braden chuckles. "I- uh-" I stammer. Braden stands up, and strides over to me, inches from my face. "You thought I cared about you, didn't you." He hisses. "Well, you're wrong. Alex is the person I care about most, not some freak."

***************

I sit up in my warm bed, breaking out into a cold sweat. I realize I'm panting really hard. It was just a dream. I tell myself. It was just a dream. But I'm finding it hard to snap back into reality, so I clench my fists together and look down, closing my eyes. Why did I have that dream? I mean, I thought I maybe did have a little crush on Braden... but not this extreme.
"Denis?" I hear a familiar voice. I jerk my head up. Braden is standing there, with a sorry look on his face.
"What's wrong?" He asks, looking concerned.
He looks so adorable, his rosy red cheeks and his piercing blue eyes filled with curiosity. I have an insane amount of courage for a moment, and I jump up off of my bed, walk over to Braden, and kiss him.

I feel like I'm melting like butter in the hot sun in his arms; and his lips are soft and taste like coconuts. This feels right. I realize at that moment, that I can't live without Braden. I need him to be mine. But how will I do that?

Braden's POV

When we break apart from the kiss, I take a deep breath. "So... that just happened." I mutter, looking at my feet. Denis laughs.
I look up at Denis and he's grinning. He's blushing extremely hard, and I bet I am too. We look at each other for a moment, but then Denis just leaves just leaves the room.
Who the hell leaves after they just had the best kiss of their life? I think to myself. At least, I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. I stand there in his room for a few moments, contemplating what just happened. But then I run downstairs. Alex and Sub are goofing off and playing Minecraft
"Where's Denis?" I ask curiously.
"He left. Why? What happened?" Alex questions.
"Nothing." I answer quietly. Maybe Denis didn't want that kiss to happen. He was the one who kissed me... but still. Maybe he realized what a mistake it was. I slowly head up to my room and collapse onto my soft bed, and just sleep my problems away.

Y/N POV

I sit on the gross, sticky, hospital floor, outside of Elijah's room, confused and upset. I wait for Ethan to come out. A doctor. Nurse. Somebody. I need to know what's going on.
I silently cry, because I don't want to draw attention to myself. I've had tons of experience the last couple days, so I know all the tips and tricks.

I sit there for at least an hour or two. Then Ethan walks out. I jump into his arms. "Did he remember you?" I whisper into his ear.
He nods, and I break the hug. "But don't give me that hopeful look. Elijah only remembers his life up until he was 16." Ethan sighs.
"Right before he met me..." I whimper. I start walking away, but Ethan stops me.
"Wait!" He says. I turn around. "The doctors said if we show him things that took place after he was 16, it will help him remember. Even the simplest thing could trigger his memories of people and events." Ethan concludes. My face lights up. "Ethan, can you drive me home? Now." I grin. "What's your plan..?" He says suspiciously. "I know how to get Elijah back." I give him a mischievous grin, and we both run out the door to Ethan's car.

*******************

When we reach my house, I burst through the front door. The only people in the living room are Alex and Sub.
"Guys. Where's Corl and Denis?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Corls upstairs. Denis left." Alex mutters quickly, trying to get back to his game. I unplug their MacBooks and watch the screens go black. "I need your help. When did you meet Elijah?"
"I've known him since he was fourteen." Sub answers.
"And Corl, Denis and I have known him since he was seventeen." Alex adds.
(Ik ages aren't right but for the sake of the story lmao okay)
"Okay... guys. I need your help. And I need a laptop." I order.
"Why?" Sub asks.
"Because... Elijah lost his memory. We found out today. He only remembers the pieces of his life from before he turned sixteen." My voice trembles. Alex jumps up. "I'm going. I know he won't remember me, but I honestly don't care."
Sub nods in agreement.
I pack up Subs laptop, grab Corl, and we all tumble into Ethan's car.

*******************

When we reach the hospital, I run up to Elijah's floor, running far ahead from the gang, clutching the laptop. I just can't wait to have Elijah back. I knock on the door, when a nurse approaches me. "Sorry, m'am, but normal visiting hours closed at 6:30 pm." She says politely. I smile. "Sorry, m'am, but I'm not normal." And I burst into the room, locking the door behind me in a fast motion. Elijah is laying there, staring at me. "Sorry, that was loud." I say nervously. He just stares at me. "Yeah, I know the drill. You don't know who I am, I get it. But you will after this."
I yank the laptop out, boot it up, and show him his YouTube page, which he made only two months ago. I show him videos of him playing games with Ethan, Denis, Corl, Alex, and Sub. And then finally, me. I look at him after I'm done with the videos. He stares at the screen, where I paused, which shows us laughing.
I smile.
"You remember?" I whisper, joy in my voice.
He looks at me in confusion.
And then shakes his head.

Authors Note!
Cliffhanger! Oops. Hehe! Sorry this chapter sucks. It's 4:34 am, to be exact, and I've been staying up until six for three nights in a row so far, so I guess you could say I'm tired. ;) I hope you enjoyed this super sad chapter. I know it's more on the shorter side, but ah well. Love you all!