Broken- Chapter Twelve

For best effect, read in a dark room, with the music above playing pretty loud.

Thanks for 2k reads!!!❤
Also, please try not to copy my story. I've already ran into this issue. It takes a while for me to think this stuff up, don't just steal my plot and ideas please. Love you all!❤
Into the story!

Y/N POV
When the bullet pierces my body, I cry out in pain. I feel worn out, exhausted, and scared. Elijah cries out, and goes to stand up. When I hear another gun shot go off, I look at Elijah, in tears, scared he'll be gone. But he's fine.

It was me they shot. Again.
And the last thing I see before everything goes black is Elijahs blotchy, crying face.

Adriana's POV

We wait at the mall, in the tiny bathroom stall for a long time.
Elijah's crying his eyes out. Denis is shaking his head over and over, and Braden has his head in his knees.
Alex, Sub, Camila, and Y/N got shot.
I don't know why they spared Elijah, Braden, Denis and I.

Probably to make it hurt more.
Elijah is sobbing, holding Y/Ns hand.
I'm not crying. I'm in shock. I just look at Alex, Y/N, Sub and Camilas bodies.
Then I decide to check on everyone.
Camila got shot in the foot.
She's unconscious, but breathing. Then I move to Sub.
I see blood gushing out of his head. I feel for his heart, and it's not beating. He's cold.
I start shaking and crying. He's dead. Sub is dead. He's dead. He's gone. He's never coming back.
I cry out, and Elijah looks up. Then he looks at Sub. And he knows.
He bursts out crying all over again.
That gets Denis to look up. He starts shaking and crying. Braden doesn't dare look up.
I slowly crawl over to Alex. I see his chest moving up and down, and laugh, but it sounds strangled, because it's mixed with crying and whimpering and laughing, glad that he's alive, although he's unconscious.
I just position myself next to Alex and hold his hand.
I didn't know him for long. But he was charming and funny.
I want to get more chances to get to know him.
But I don't know if I will.
So I just sit with him. In peace.

Denis' POV

We sit for hours.
Just praying that the ones who got shot can hold on.
Y/N got shot twice. In her ribs, and leg.
Alex got shot in his ribs, but in a worse place.
Camila got shot in the foot.
The only thing I'm grateful for right now is that Corl, Elijah, Adriana and I didn't get shot.

After a few minutes we hear a crashing noise. Adriana, Elijah, Braden and I look up, scared.
But it's the police.
"Oh, thank god your here." Elijah yells. "Take these three. They got shot and-" He gets interrupted.
"Calm down, sir. We will get them on a stretcher."
They call the EMTs over with a walkie talkie. They come with stretchers, and they load them onto them. We all stand up and watch, scared.
They pronounce Sub dead.
We all start crying and sobbing.
I feel pain overcome me, and my heart hurts.
We knew he was gone.
We just didn't want to believe it.
Elijah sinks onto the floor, and Adriana is shaking. Braden just sits down and refuses to look up.
They say Y/N and Alex are close to dead and need care immediately.
At that news Elijah wails. Adriana sobs along with him, and I see Braden shaking. I sink down and hug him, crying into his hair.

They tell us we need to get up, and they check to see if we're hurt.
We're all fine on the outside, of course.
But on the inside, we're broken and dying.
Because our loved ones are.

Elijah and Adriana hop into the ambulance with Y/N and Alex.
Braden and I got into the one with a dead Sub and hurt Camila.
When we reach the hospital, we're all scooted to the waiting room. We all sit and cry, along with other people from the mall.
Every once in a while, the doctors come out and pronounce someone dead.
Then a wife, or a sister, or a grandfather, or a father start sobbing and crying, clutching something that belonged to a loved one.
It's an unbearable scene, and we just watch in horror. As a mother falls to the ground in shock, wailing. A father trembles, trying not to cry. A little sister confused, but still crying because her parents are. 
We watch these events unfold all over the waiting room.
After a couple hours, a nurse comes out.
"Is anyone here for Alex and Y/N?"
Adriana, Elijah, Braden and I jump up, scared for the news were about to hear.
"Their very ill. Y/N may not live, but she has a chance. Alex... he's not doing good. We've had to revive him several times with a defibrillator." (A defibrillator is the big machine doctors zap your heart with to keep you alive)
"You may want to say your final goodbyes." The nurse says.
We're silent. But we follow her.
We decide to visit one at a time. Possibly say our final goodbyes.
Braden and I want to go first, to get it over with.
I go into Alex's room first. I close my eyes and whisper nonsense to him. I just want him to be okay.
I do the same thing in Y/Ns room.
Braden doesn't stay long in the rooms. He ends up coming out of Alex's room, sobbing. He doesn't dare go into Y/Ns room.
Then it's Adriana's turn.

Adriana's POV
When I walk into Alex's room, I feel like covering my eyes and walking out. He's hooked up to a huge machine, pumping oxygen.
He's breathing slowly. I go over to him, holding his hands.
"Thank you, Alex." I tremble, and I kiss his forehead.
Then machines start going off and beeping like crazy. He starts breathing heavily, then slowing down his breaths. A bunch of doctors and nurses rush in, shooing me out of the room.
I hear the words "dying" and "heartbeat" and I start sobbing. Someone drags me out of the room, and leaves me in a chair outside the room next to Elijah. He looks at me with wide eyes, but I ignore him.
Without consent, I run into Y/Ns room.
It's pretty much the same situation.
I grab her hand as I'm wildly crying.
"Y/N, you can't leave me. I think Alex is already gone. You have to stay for me. For the gang. For Elijah."
I get no response, of course.
I run out the room, sobbing hysterically. I run out of the building into the cold air.
This is too much for me.

Elijahs POV
I run into Y/Ns room after Adriana ran out. She's lying there, breathing slowly. I approach her quietly, and grab her hand, and stroke her hair.
"Y/N, I don't know what's going on over there." My voice cracks. "I think Alex is dying. Sub is already dead. If I lose you..." I bite my lip. "Y/N, please, hold on. For me. For Adriana. We all need you. I'm so sorry I didn't take that bullet for you. I love you." I kiss her, crying. This could be the last time I ever touch her, kiss her, hug her.
"Thank you Y/N, for everything. Stay strong. I love you." I whimper.
And I leave. Taking one last look over my shoulder, I picture her amazing smile, her gorgeous eyes. Her beautiful soul. Then I close the door behind me.

Authors Note
This, was by far, the saddest chapter I have ever written. I cried while writing it, and when I read it over with the music in my dark bedroom tonight, I cried some more.
It's one of the last few chapters, sadly. This crazy ride will be coming to an end.
I needed to make it meaningful.
Did you cry?😪
It's sad, I know.
But it will get better❤
Love you all! Thanks for 2k reads💖
Also, have you guys noticed some Denis and the gang fanfics are getting kinda emotional 😂I've been crying cause of them. I think I'm rubbing off on y'all.
Also, again, please try not to copy my story. I've already ran into this issue. It takes a while for me to think this stuff up, don't just steal my plot and ideas please. Love you all!❤
Remember, I'm trying my best to upload every night. I put time and effort into these chapters so if I takes longer than a night, please understand.
Please don't be mad about my choices in this chapter! Love you all❤