chapter two

After Dan's shift, he left to go home. When he got there, he fell face down on his sofa and screamed into the pillow. He couldn't stop thinking of his soulmate writing back.

He soon got up and found his laptop. He sat back down and opened it, going to Tumblr almost immediately.

He grabbed a permanent marker off of his coffee table and began to draw on himself.

"so you do exist"

He drew a couple of other things on his arm and waited. While he waited, he went on YouTube to watch a few videos.

The rest of the day went by slowly. Dan ended up going on a walk a couple hours later. He put on his headphones and played music from his favourite playlist.

Just as he reached the park, his right arm itched again. He smiled and pulled up the sleeve of his jacket.

There was a drawing of a flower, mimicking the one that Dan had drawn earlier.

"until we meet again"

Dan smiled widely.

"so we've met before?"

Dan wrote. He always carried a marker with him.

But there wasn't a response.

-----

The next day, Dan went to work at ten a.m. Louise opened today.

He got there ten minutes early. He said hello to Louise and clocked in.

"I need to use the toilet. It looks like that guy needs help finding something over there," said Louise. She winked like she did yesterday and left. Dan sighed and looked over to where she pointed, and there Phil was, walking towards the desk.

He handed over the book to Dan who scanned it.

"Hi, Phil," Dan said as he was doing this.

"Hey."

"Do you have a library card?" Dan asked with a small smile. Phil looked great today. He wore glasses and a space invaders t-shirt with a galaxy jacket over it, along with black skinny jeans.

"Yep," he fished out the card out of his pocket.

Dan took it from him and scanned it as well, "Nice shirt," he said as he handed the card back to him.

"Thanks," Phil said, taking the book that Dan handed to him.

"This is due in a week," Dan said, "But you can renew it if you're not quite done reading it."

"Um, so the main reason why I came here today was to ask you if you, um, if you wanted to go on a date with me this weekend? I mean I know we just met yesterday and if you don't want to I completely understand, I just think you're really cute and-"

"I'd love to," Dan cut him off.

"Really? Awesome! I, I'll text you the details," Phil said excitedly. He was adorable, "You're the best, Dan."

Dan smiled, "See you then, Phil."

"See you, Dan," Phil smiled and waved as he left.

Dan sighed and sat back in his chair, a grin on his face.

Louise came back and sat next to him, "Well you look happy. Where'd that guy go?"

"His name's Phil," Dan breathed, "He asked me on a date."

"What'd you say?!" She gasped, playfully shoving Dan.

"I said yes," Dan grinned.

"I'm so happy for you!" Louise said. She was almost more excited than Dan. Almost.