chapter nine

Dan was back at work, and his coworker for the day was none other than Chris Kendall.

Dan opened the library that day, Chris coming in an hour later. Chris sighed when he layed eyes on Dan, agitated.

Dan tried to stay clear from him, but them being the only two workers there for the day kind of conflicted with his plans.

"How's your boyfriend?" Chris asked after all of the visitors left. They weren't closed yet, just had slow business.

"He's good," Dan said nonchalantly, "Yours?"

"Fantastic," Chris said, "I told him about what happened."

"Great," Dan said, "What did he have to say?"

"He told me how much he hates Phil's guts, and yours, too," Chris said, sounding almost proud.

"Wow, real mature of him to say that," Dan said, "His opinions don't really matter to me. He's entitled to them. If he doesn't like me and Phil, then good for him."

"You're being weird," Chris said, "Shouldn't you be pissed at me right now?"

"Probably, but I feel guilty for being a dick to you a few days ago," Dan said, "I shouldn't have gotten involved with your personal life like that."

"Am I actually receiving an apology?" Chris said, a shocked expression on his face, "Well this is unexpected!"

"Yeah, I'm shocked, too," Dan said, "I mean, I still don't care for you a whole lot, but it was really unnecessary for me to be like that when you've done nothing to me."

"I actually really appreciate that, Dan," Chris said softly, "I made up what Peej said, he didn't say any of what I said he did. Oh Jesus, Phil probably fucking despises me."

"He's definitely not happy," Dan said, "But he doesn't hate you. He doesn't blame you for acting like that right back at me."

"Hey, Dan?" Chris asked.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry, too," He sighed.

"I forgive you."

"Really?"

"Yes," Dan said, "It was just a huge misunderstanding I think. Hey, wanna start over?"

"That would be fantastic."

"I know I just said that I didn't really care for you too much, but I'd like to change that. Hi, I'm Dan," Dan said, outstretching his hand for Chris to shake. /a/n HI MY NAME IS [DAN]/

Chris took his hand and shook it, "Hey, Dan. I'm Chris."

Dan laughed, "Awkward. We just went from hating each other to being civilized human beings to each other."

"Well would you look at that?" Chris laughed back, "We did."

-----

Dan came home to Phil laying on the carpeted hallway floor with a blanket over him.

"Honey, I'm home!" Dan said.

Phil's head shot up from the floor, then lowered it again, slowly, "Hi," He said, his voice muffled.

"Why are you dying?" Dan said, walking over to Phil and lying down next to him.

"I don't know," Phil said, "Except I do know. Somehow Pj got my number and called me a little bit ago."

"Speaking of Pj," Dan said, "Well, kind of."

Both Dan and Phil sat up, "What?" Phil asked.

"Chris apologized," Dan said, "And so did I. We're good now. He doesn't hate you."

"That's... surprising," Phil said, a small chuckle escaping his mouth, "Who apologized first?"

"...me," Dan said, smiling as he looked down at the floor.

"Aw, you're such a good person," Phil laughed again, "I love you so much."

"I love you so much, too," Dan said, looking back up at Phil, "So what happened with Pj on the phone?"

"He... he apologized to me," Phil said softly. He looked down at the ground as Dan had done moments before. He looked so gorgeous in the low light of the hallway. His glasses were propped, crooked on his nose. His fringe was messy but perfect, and he just looked so damn beautiful.

Dan took Phil's hand, slowly. He rubbed circles on his palm as a gesture for Phil to continue.

"I deleted his name from my contacts a few months after we broke up, so the number was unfamiliar. I picked it up anyway, it was kind of hard to hear at first - I think he was walking somewhere - but yeah, he said hey and I immediately knew who it was and I just kind of broke down right on the phone..? And he just told me what was up and that he was really sorry for ending our relationship like that. And after we were done talking and we hung up the phone it just made me so happy that he'd even think of me after all this time. I love you, Dan, but his apology meant so much to me. It really was powerful and just made me so grateful that he found the good in his heart to apologize to me. It doesn't even matter how 'Disney' that sounds because it's true."

"Phil, you're such a great person," Dan said. He let go of Phil's hand, leaned forward, and hugged Phil. Phil immediately hugged back and gripped onto his boyfriend for dear life. He squeezed his eyes shut.

"I'm so happy to have you, Dan," Phil whispered, "You make me a good person."

Dan squeezed back, "You make me a good person, Phil. You made me a better person and helped me find the courage to apologize to Chris. You're the great person here. I love you so much and you are so strong for being able to look on the brighter side of life even though you have been through so much. You are my favourite person to spend time with and I never thought I would meet my soulmate. I'm so happy you're a part of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm not proposing yet but I really want to marry you someday. I hope you can always remember that. Always remember how much you mean to me, Phil Lester."

"I will," Phil said, pulling away from the hug and kissing Dan, "I promise."

Dan kissed him again, pressing him against the wall.

They stayed like that for a while until they decided to spend the rest of the day with one another, watching movies and scrolling through Tumblr until they finally went to bed.

/a/n heyyy look at that, a well timed update. you're welcome.

my inspiration is coming back, but this story is ending soon!!!! the next chapter may be the last, (idk yet!!!), but who knows, this story could make it to 15 chapters. (probably not, but idk. it'll probably end next chapter c: )

anywho ilu and i hope you have a good day

-em the not so emo goose