chapter four

"After you left she was like 'gays deserve to burn in hell' or some shit, it was completely ridiculous," Dan explained to Phil. They were at a Starbucks together.

"That is ridiulous," Phil agreed, "Is she a new employee? I've never seen her there before."

"She's worked there for a couple months, but she only works once or twice a week, Louise needs to just fire her, and hire somebody else that will be willing to work and give me a break every once in a while," Dan sighed, taking a sip of his mocha.

"How often do you work?" Phil asked worriedly.

"Almost always six days a week, sometimes five," Dan sighed again, "If I ask for days off I always get them, and if I need a sick day Louise is okay with it, but it gets tiring sometimes. I like working there, but..." Dan sighed for a third time and rubbed his temples, "It's just tiring."

"Let's change the subject, this current one isn't too good for you," Phil said carefully, "Let's talk about... you."

"I've already told you so much," Dan said.

"Fine," Phil said, "Then I'll talk about you."

"What d'you mean?" Dan asked, curious.

"I want to tell you how much I like you," Phil said, smiling, "I like the way your eyes sparkle, and how bright they are. I like that you're good at keeping yourself composed in rough situations. I think you're so adorable when you're flustered or surprised, and I love the fact that you don't care what others think. You are amazing and I'm so happy to have you in my life."

Dan was blushing. His smile was so wide.

"Your smiles are so pretty. Your hair is always flawless," Phil continued, "I so desperately want you to be happy when you find out who your soulmate is. I want to be happy, too, and that's what I am when I'm with you. Dan, be my boyfriend?"

Dan was taken aback, "Um, yes," He said quickly.

"I know it's kind of sudden," Phil said.

"It's fine, Phil," Dan grinned, "Don't be so worried. I said yes, you idiot."

Phil returned the smile, he reached out his hand across the table and Dan took it.

Dan looked down at Phil's arm, it was his right arm. His sleeves were long but they weren't pulled down all the way. There were black markings on his arm, Dan could tell, he just couldn't make out what it said. It looked somewhat familiar, too. Dan looked puzzled to say the least as he stared, and Phil noticed.

"You okay, Danny?" Phil asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Huh, yeah," Dan said, "I just saw some marks on your arm. I thought you were right handed?"

Phil immediately ripped his arm away and pulled his sleeve down.

"Um, yeah," Phil said, "I am."

"You're being weird," Dan said, "What're you hiding?"

"Uh, n-nothing..! Don't worry about it," He shrugged off.

"Phil, you can talk to me," Dan said, "You just asked me out for god's sake! Do you not trust me?"

Phil stayed silent, looking away. His expression was unreadable.

"What the hell, Phil?" Dan asked, "Have you been writing to your soulmate this whole time, and you're just leading me on? What are you trying to do? Get in my pants? Well, you can just fuck off, Phi-"

Dan was just about to get up and storm out of the coffee shop when Phil cut him off, "It's you, Dan," He said quietly, but loud enough for Dan to hear. Phil was staring down at his fidgeting hands.

"Excuse me?" Dan asked, sitting back down.

"It's you," Phil said a little louder this time, "I mean... y-you're my... we're soulmates."

"Uh, w-what?" Dan questioned again, "But..."

Phil pulled up his sleeve and showed Dan his right arm. It was all things Dan had written. Some things were faded, others were new. Dan was starting to tear up, but he didn't want to cry. He hated crying, especially in public places.

"Phil, I-I," Dan stuttered, looking at his own arm. It was all the same. Everything was in the exact same place, so it couldn't have been fake. Everything was there and perfectly aligned.

"Dan, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, I just, didn't... I didn't want to scare you away," Phil said, he looked nervous.

"Phil, I can't believe..." Dan said, he was trying so hard not to cry, "I can't believe it's you..! I mean, I'm overjoyed that it's you, I never thought I would find him... find you... I, you know what I mean, I just... oh my god..."

They both stood up from their seats and embraced. People were staring, but Dan couldn't care less anymore. He squeezed his eyes shut and nestled his head into the crook of Phil's neck. Phil breathed deeply and hugged back oh so tightly, not wanting to let go.

Eventually, people looked away and went back to their conversations, and Dan and Phil pulled away from each other. Dan was full on crying.

Phil was smiling so big he thought his face might rip in half, he wiped Dan's tears away with his thumbs, "You okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine," Dan said, "Thanks to you."

"Don't give me all the credit," Phil chuckled, "You're the one that wrote to me first. Your drawings are so cute, they always made me happy to see them, so after Pj and I broke up I needed to find you."

"Pj..?" Dan asked, "Is that the guy that you dated for a while?"

"Oh, yeah, it is," Phil said, "I suppose I never told you."

"I'm really sorry about him," Dan said.

"Don't be, it's in the past," Phil smiled, "What matters now is that we're together."

"Yeah," Dan returned the smile, "Wanna go back to my place?" Dan asked, outstretching his hand to Phil so that he could take it.

"Sure," Phil replied, taking Dan's hand and intertwining their fingers.

Then they left.

/a/n I know it's been a little while since I last updated but oh well. I worked pretty hard on this chapter so I hope you liked it.

I hope your day's been better than mine. Love you all. Thanks for being so kind. :)

-Emily