chapter seven

Dan woke up in Phil's arms. He smiled. He loved waking up to this.

He remembered the night before and how well it went with Louise. He closed his eyes for another blissful moment before opening them again.

He somehow got up without waking Phil, and replaced his presence with a pillow which sleeping Phil immediately held.

Something about this made Dan's heart flutter. He loved Phil, he really did.

Well, of course he did. They were soulmates.

Dan left the room after putting on sweatpants and a shirt, as well as grabbing his phone, and he went into the kitchen to get some yogurt or something else for breakfast.

He had work at ten-thirty, and it was only eight-thirty, so he was fine. He scrolled through the Tumblr app and ate his yogurt, tapping his foot.

About fifteen minutes later, Phil was awake and walking toward Dan, slightly aloof as he was not a morning person.

"How'd you sleep?" Dan asked, locking his phone and putting it face down on the table.

"Pretty good," Phil said, "It helps to have someone with me. But I did notice you replaced a pillow with yourself."

"I did so I wouldn't wake you," Dan said, "Besides, it was rather cute seeing you hold onto it for dear life."

"Oh god, please don't tell me you took a picture," Phil said.

"No, dammit! Missed opportunity," Dan laughed, "Oh well, I'm sure I'll get another chance someday."

"Never," Phil said, "I will always be vigilant."

"How can you be vigilant when you're unconscious?" Dan asked with a chuckle.

"Shut it," Phil laughed, finally sitting down at the small table across from Dan.

"How'd you sleep?" Dan asked.

"Great," Phil said, "Thanks to you."

Dan blushed, "Oh stop."

"No way," Phil said, leaning over the table and kissing Dan's nose.

"You're so cheesy," Dan said. His face continued to heat up.

"I know, but you love it," Phil said, "But do you work today?"

"Uh, yeah," Dan said, "At ten-thirty."

"Aw man," Phil said, "I was hoping to spend the rest of the day with you."

"I get off at four," Dan said, "If you want we can hang out later."

"Yeah, that'd be good," Phil smiled, "Sorry I've been hanging with you so much. You're probably getting sick of me."

"Not even close," Dan said, "I love hanging out with you. I just love you, Phil."

"I love you, too."

-----

When Dan got to work, it was Louise's day off. The person to open and the person that worked with Dan that day was Chris, which Dan now knew was Phil's ex-boyfriend's current boyfriend, and Dan was now Phil's.

Dan was aware of Chris being Pj's soulmate. Dan wasn't sure if he should not like Chris, so he tried to stay away from him for the day, which would be difficult as he would be spending the whole of his work day with him.

"Morning, Dan," Chris said cheerily, "How are you, mate?"

Chris was a hard guy to hate. He was always happy, nice to almost everyone and great at his job. He also had some of the same interests as Dan.