chapter three

The rest of the date went well. They continued talking and ate all of the popcorn, which Dan soon found out was Phil's favourite food.

Phil was just about to leave, as it was nearly ten at night. Dan walked him to the door.

"Thanks for having me, Dan," Phil said, "I had a lot of fun."

"I did, too," Dan said, "We should do this again."

"I was thinking the same thing," Phil said, "See you."

Phil kissed Dan, then waved before closing the door.

Dan smiled and leaned against the door, sliding down it so that he was sitting down, his back against it.

He rested his head on the door and grinned. He liked Phil, he liked him a lot. But, he still wasn't sure if Phil was his soulmate. There was a chance.

Dan would just have to get it out of him somehow.

-----

The library was always closed on Sundays, so Dan had a day off. He lounged around his house pretty much the whole day, staying in his pajamas. He watched some anime and surfed the internet. The usual.

But on top of it, he texted Phil, and Louise.

Louise had practically begged Dan to spend some time with her. Dan had finally obliged. They were close enough to just walk into each others homes with just a small warning, or none at all if it was an emergency.

Soon enough, she arrived.

"Dan?" She called.

"In the living room!" He shouted back. She was there in seconds.

She wore black leggings and a light pink t-shirt, no makeup and her hair in a messy bun.

"I need details," Louise said.

"What d'you mean?" Dan asked.

"Your date with Phil! What happened?" Louise asked, "Is he your soulmate or not?"

"I still don't know," Dan sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

She groaned, "Well anyways, what happened? Did it go well."

"It was fantastic, we watched anime together and talked tons. I learned a lot about him and he's even more attractive now if that's even possible."

"Anything else?" She asked.

Dan nodded, "We, uh, we kissed."

Louise shrieked, "Who kissed who?"

"He kissed me," Dan said, "Well, we both leaned in at the same time, but he leaned in first."

"He is so into you!" Louise clapped her hands together giddily, "I ship it!"

Dan laughed, "Of course you do."

"Wait, Dan, what's that on your neck? Is that a hickey, oh my god..! Did you two..." Louise said.

"We didn't have sex," Dan said, "All we did was make out, and he left this. I swear."

"Well, I'm glad you didn't go that far," She chuckled.

"He asked me if I wanted to go further, and I said no. He respected that. I really like him, Louise," Dan explained with a happy sigh, "I just don't know what's gonna happen, he might not be my soulmate."

"I just hope everything works out, and let's hope you're soulmates!" She crossed her fingers, "It'll all work out."

"Yeah, let's hope," Dan agreed with a smile on his face.