chapter eight

About a week passed and Dan was helping Phil move in. They were each carrying a box, there were only a couple left.

When they were finally done, Dan dropped the last box on the sofa and sighed, "Well, it's official."

Phil happily sighed and sat next to Dan on the couch, "I live here. Now fetch me a sandwich."

"Okay, you're out," Dan laughed, "You can get your own sandwich. You are no longer the guest."

"Well, I'm moving out. Now make me a sandwich!" Phil laughed.

"No way," Dan said, leaning forward and kissing Phil quickly.

"I freaking love you, Danny," Phil said, "Thanks for asking me to move in. I'm really glad we live together now."

"I'm really happy I asked you, too," Dan smiled. Phil kissed his cheek.

"Okay, but I'm seriously gonna make a sandwich," Phil said, standing up from the sofa and walking to the kitchen, "I'm super hungry!"

"Hey, make me one!" Dan called since they were now both in other rooms.

"No!" Phil said. Dan stood from the couch and ran to Phil, wrapping his arms around his waist, "Pleaaaaseee?"

"Get your own," Phil retorted, "You big baby."

"You're the baby," Dan said, "I'm the full adult here."

"I'm five years older than you," Phil said, "So by default, you're the baby."

"You are!"

"No you."

"I hope everyday is like this," Dan said suddenly, letting go of Phil but gaining eye contact. He leaned against the wall and admired his boyfriend, "Thank you."

Phil stared back at Dan with a small smile upon his lips, "For what?"

"Being there for me, I guess," Dan said, "You're just such a great person and I'm so happy we met. I know we've only been together for a few weeks but they've honestly been the best few weeks of my recent life. You've definitely made my days brighter. You make me so excited to wake up so I can see you, and now you live here, so I can see you more often and I am just so grateful that someone as amazing as you would want to be with me."

Phil leaned forward and kissed Dan. The kiss was just a simple peck, but it lingered for a few seconds, "Dan, you're my soulmate. Of course I would want to be with you. You're a great person, too. You're funny, nice, and very handsome. You're awesome. Thank you, for asking me to move in and for being so considerate of everything and your sense of humour is amazing as well. Thanks for being the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. I'm happy that Pj turned out to not be my soulmate, because without him finding Chris, I never would have found you. I see that now, whereas right when the breakup happened, I was devastated. Looking back on it I'm still upset that it ended the way it did, but if it didn't happen, I wouldn't be here right now with you. I love you, Dan."

Dan smiled, "I love you, too, Phil."

"Good," Phil said, "Now can we seriously get lunch?"

Dan laughed, "Of course we can, you numpty."

Phil placed a wet kiss on Dan's cheek, then broke off into a sprint to the kitchen which - albeit - wasn't too far from where they already were.

Phil stubbed his toe on a counter because of how soon he had to stop. He winced, "Shit!"

"Phil Lester!" Dan said when he got into the kitchen, "Did you just curse?"

Phil held his foot whilst he leaned against the same counter he hit his toe on, "I'm sorry, I-"

"Stubbed your toe?" Dan asked with a smirk.

Phil kept his eyes squeezed shut, "Yeah..."

"Rest in peace," Dan laughed, "You'll be alright."

"I just want a sandwich," Phil laughed through the pain.

"Make one then," Dan said for the millionth time.

"I'm in too much pain," Phil said.

"I'm not making you one out of pity," Dan said, "You're an adult."

"Psh, as if," Phil said.

"Did you just say 'as if?'" Dan said, "It's not the 90s."

"Yes it is," Phil said, "It'll always be the 90s in my heart."

"Oh shut up," Dan laughed, "Make yourself a sandwich."

"Fine," Phil finally agreed, reaching for the bread in the cabinet.

"Good job!" Dan said sarcastically, clapping a few times.

"Thanks, bae," Phil said.

Dan laughed and kissed Phil's cheek as he continued making his lunch.

Dan went back to the living room with Phil when he was done and he put on Netflix to watch something with Phil while he ate.

"Aren't you hungry?" Phil asked.

"Kinda," Dan said, "I'll get something to eat in a little bit, I'd rather just sit with you and watch this."

"Really?" Phil said, "That's sweet but you need to take care of yourself."

"I'll be fine, I'm not starving," Dan said, "Just a little parched."

"Dan, are you sure?"

"I'm sure, Phil," Dan said, "Chill out."

"I am 'chill,'" Phil said, "You need to eat. I'm worried."

"I do this all the time," Dan said, "I never eat when I'm supposed to. It's just part of my schedule at this point, leave it be. I'm not gonna die."

"No, but it's still not healthy," Phil said, huffing, frustrated, "I don't get you sometimes, Dan."

"What's not to get?" Dan asked, finally pausing the show, "I'm just a depressed piece of shit who likes the colour black and Phil Lester a little too much.

"Dan..."

"I'm a failure," Dan said, standing up and throwing his arms in the air. He faced opposite of Phil. They were both getting frustrated, "You're probably just with me out of pity. You feel bad for me and hate the fact that we happen to be soulmates. You don't love me. You just lie to my face to make me feel better."

"You're not a failure," Phil said, standing as well, "And none of those things are true. I love you, Dan."

"No you don't," Dan turned around quickly, facing Phil. He was trying so hard not to cry even though he'd cried in front of him plenty of other times, "You fucking hate me."

"If I hated you I wouldn't be here right now," Phil said, "I wouldn't live with you, I wouldn't talk to you as much as I do. I wouldn't want to spend time with you and I wouldn't have spoken to you the first time we ever met. I would've stayed clear away if I wasn't interested in you, and of course I freaking love you, Dan Howell. How many times do I have to say it? You. Are. My. Soulmate. For God's sake, Dan."

"I..." Dan said. He sighed and fell down the wall, holding his knees up to his chest. He'd finished crying, "I'm sorry."

Phil walked closer and sat next to Dan. He caressed his cheek and kissed it shortly after, "It's okay. Everyone feels like that sometimes. I love you."

"I love you, too."

/a/n again, sorry for my month late update. I know I suck. also this was a filler chapter, so sorry about that too.

BUT HEYYYY TODAY'S MY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAYYYY NO ONE CARES

but anyways thanks for reading. love youuuuu

-em