chapter six

The next day, Dan came into work at ten a.m., Phil had left the day previously.

Dan still hadn't told Louise about his and Phil's current relationship, but he would today. She was working as she usually did, so Dan was sure he would have an opportunity.

As he walked to work, he smiled to himself, thinking of Phil. He couldn't believe he'd found his soulmate. He thought he never would.

He arrived at his working place shortly, opening the front door and walking inside.

"Hey, Dan!" Louise called, "Clock in and get your butt over here!"

Dan chuckled at the strange glances from people in the library. Louise was very... boisterous.

Dan did as told, he clocked in and got his butt over there behind the desk, "Yes?" Dan asked as he sat down.

"Where were you yesterday and the day before? I texted you and you never replied," She said.

"Um, yeah, I was meaning to talk about that. I had another date with Phil," Dan said sheepishly.

Louise gasped, "How did it go?!"

"It was fantastic," Dan said, "And, also... I found out that... um... he's my soulmate."

"Dan!" She exclaimed, gaining more stares. She shook Dan, "Oh my gosh! That's so good!"

"We hung out at my flat after our date and he spent the night," Dan said, "I love spending time with him."

"What did you do at your house?" Louise asked, a suggestive grin on her face.

"We just hung out," Dan said, chuckling, "And cuddled, and kissed..."

"You sure that's all?" Louise asked.

Dan blushed, "We, uh-"

"Did you..?" She asked, "Y'know..."

Dan covered his face as he was still blushing heavily. He nodded.

"Oh my gosh!" She said, "I'm so happy for you! How was it?!"

"Louise..."

"Right, right," She said, "Privacy and all that, but you have to tell me details later, of the entire time you spent with him. We are best friends, after all."

"I promise," Dan said, "Wanna come over after we close the library?"

"Yes," Louise said, "Let's do that."

Dan smiled, "Can't wait."

The day passed by as it usually did, only Phil didn't stop by at the library, which disappointed Dan slightly, but he did spend a day and a half with the man.

When they were done working, they went back to Dan's and went inside. Dan closed the door behind him and Louise practically dragged him to his own lounge.

"Spill the beans," She said when they sat down. Dan was giggling.

"Fine, fine," Dan said, "So we went to this cafe, right?" Louise nodded, "And I was just complaining about some stuff and he asked me to be his boyfriend."

Louise squealed, "Okay, okay keep going."

"And I, of course, said yes," He said, "Then he held my hand from across the table, and he was wearing long sleeves as he usually does, but I noticed permanent marker on his wrist. I commented on it and thought he'd already found his soulmate and was just taking advantage of me, and right before I left he told me that we're soulmates..." Dan smiled to himself as he continued talking, "And I started crying and we hugged, and we left soon after to come here."