chapter five

They walked to Dan's house with their hands in each other's. Phil's sleeves were now rolled up so people walking by would know. Some people smiled at them, others were rude and stared at them, but neither of them cared. They were more focused on each other to pay much attention to anyone else.

They soon arrived at the apartment and walked inside. They both took off their shoes and went to the lounge. Dan lied on the sofa and screamed into the pillow.

Phil laughed and sat on Dan. Dan moved his head off of the pillow and turned his head to the side, "Get off of me," he laughed.

"No," Phil poked Dan's dimple.

So, Dan rolled over, causing Phil to fall on the ground.

"I'm not even sorry," Dan said, rolling over even more and lying on his back.

"Okay, we're breaking up," Phil said, scaring Dan half to death.

Phil stood up and walked out of the room. Dan immediately stood up and profusely apologized.

"Phil, I'm sorry, please don't leave I-"

"Dan, we're soulmates," Phil laughed and turned around to a worried Dan. He hugged him, "I wouldn't just walk out on you like that."

Dan hugged back, "I-I'm sorry I'm so stupid I just thought..."

"You're not stupid," Phil said, "It was wrong of me to do that."

They just stayed like that for a while.

-----

After Dan calmed down, he and Phil decided to lay on the couch together. They were currently in a tickle fight and Dan was losing. He was laughing really hard and trying to tickle Phil back, but he was unsuccessful.

"Phil," Dan said in between laughs. He was so happy.

"What?" Phil asked, poking his tongue out.

"St-Stop," Dan was still laughing. So was Phil.

"Make me," Phil retorted, "Only one thing will make me stop tickling you!"

Dan immediately leaned forward and kissed Phil. Phil stopped tickling Dan once he did.

They kissed for a bit and Dan pulled away, "Phil, there's something I need to tell you..." Dan said seriously.

"What's that, Dan?" Phil asked.

"It's time for..." Dan said, positioning his hands, "Payback!" He began tickling Phil.

Phil screamed, "How dare you!"

Dan laughed maniacally, "You deserve it."

"Oh, do I?" Phil laughed.

"Yes," Dan said, "For being the cutest human ever."

"Okay, sure," Phil said, "Says the dorkiest, cutest human ever."

"Oh shush it," Dan said.

"Stop tickling me," Phil said, and Dan stopped, "I promise I won't tickle you back."

"Truce?" Dan said.

Phil nodded. His eyes moved from Dan's eyes to his lips, then back again, "I just want to kiss you."

"Then why don't you?" Dan asked, a blush on his cheeks.

So, Phil swiped his thumb across Dan's cheek and he slowly pressed his lips to Dan's. Dan kissed back as per usual.

Dan wrapped his arms around Phil's waist as they kissed, and Phil's hands were on either side of Dan's face. This moment in time was the best moment Dan had ever really experienced.