Prologue

The room was small, it wasn't beautiful, but it was tidy, it had the lingering yet subtle smell of lavender.

To the far corner was a semblance of a crib, in which was an actual baby who clearly had out grown said crib, the walls were bare, save for a picture of a laughing baby and it's mother.

A small bag with clothes was under an old rickety table which had clearly see better days, but now carried a small vase of lavender flowers threatening to fall off the uneven edge of the table

A woman sat in an old battered chair, the only other furniture there was, with a man kneeling in front of her. His expensive clothing a sharp contrast to the woman's.

At first glance one would think he was proposing, but then the woman lifted up her head, she had dark skin, near black even... She had full albeit chapped lips and a button nose.

She was clearly the woman in the picture but what was also clear was the lack of the playful smile and bright eyes. These eyes were tired and seemed hopeless, yet still seemed to hold a modicum of warmth.

She was no great beauty, but she had a regal bearing about her. But for the lack of a crown and her simple clothes, one would have thought her a queen.

"you Raped me... " she said in an almost imperceptible whisper.

"I'm sorry" the man said

"You raped me".

"I'm sorry" the man echoed but this time with a strain in his voice.

"you denied our child, and you threw me out when you knew I had no where else to go. And now you kneel before me, telling me you're sorry. you've said sorry to me before William, and I forgave you. Here we are again, you are saying sorry again. Do you even hear yourself? And now here you are telling me you're sorry and professing love to me. We must not be breathing the same air. This cannot be love. Not after all you put me through"

"it is love..." he interjected, "I swear it is" 

"hahahaha... " she laughed, a wicked, ugly sound it was. "you swear? You my dear know nothing about love"...

*"*"*"*"*"*"*"
Vote and comment pls,

Follow me on instagram @i_am_wils0n

Thanks 🙂🙂