Chapter 2 : On the Run

The twinkling of something on the ground caught my eye. My hand slowly inched towards my back as the guy who currently had me pinned started to lean in. In a flash he was on the ground. I couldn't even be relieved, as I realised a huge man stood towering behind Mr. Lewd's prone figure on the grimy floor.

I remained against the wall as I watched the large stranger begin to pound the blonde man's face in. The night was silent save for the soft squelching sound of the large stranger's fist slamming into the face of the man who'd just tried to sexually assault me. Once Mr. Lewd looked like he was on the precipice of life and death, the stranger finally released him.

The gorgeous stranger I'd crashed into in the train emerged from the darkness behind him, another man who was slightly shorter, flanking his right side. "Charlie, Charlie, Charlie... I knew you were stupid, but I hadn't expected you to be this stupid. I gave your friend very specific instructions so we wouldn't have to do this." His disgust-filled eyes glared down at the man, Charlie, spitting up blood on himself as he groaned on the ground. The gorgeous stranger turned to the larger man. "Remind me to tie up that loose end." He kicked Charlie in his side. "After we deal with this shit stain."

Charlie's swollen eyes widened as they landed on the handsome man's face. "I'm begging you, don't kill me Mr. Petrov. I'll do anything you ask!" He pleaded in a garbled whisper. "Anything! I'm sorry for trying to run, I'm sorry! I'll never try it again, I'll even pay you back double what I owe! Just let me go!"

The large man who'd beat him up scoffed at his request. "Andreas, must we always waste so much time at these type of things?" He asked as he threw a glance at my handsome stranger. "We were meant to be back by now."

Andreas chuckled as he shook his head. "Ah Damien, always in a rush." He teased, his eyes hardening again as they returned to the bloody waste of space on the ground. He waved him away. "Go." He demanded in disgust. Charlie looked utterly grateful as he took his time standing up and limping off, not throwing another glance at me. "Make sure he gets home alright would you, Callum?" The third man simple nodded before heading off after the bloodied man.

It came as no surprise to me when he pulled a gun out of his jacket and put two bullets in the back of Charlie's already bloody head, the sound of shots ringing through the air. The dead body slumped to the ground with a quiet thud, the dark crimson blood staining the gravel.

I took a breath as dark eyes trained on me, looking almost disappointed. "Hey again, Babydoll." He greeted sweetly, taking slow steps towards me, reminiscent of a predator approaching its prey. I met his gaze as he stood before me, close enough for his body heat to radiate against my skin. The cold barrel of his gun pressed against the side of my head.

Surprise flashed in his eyes as I gave him a lopsided grin. "Hey yourself, stranger." I flexed my fingers behind my back.

His eyes searched my face. "Unfortunate that I had to run into you here. Especially with," He gestured with his gun to Charlie's corpse. "There were a lot of things I wanted to do to you, and honestly, this was not one of them. But you understand don't you Babydoll? I can't have you running off to the police. That would be a whole lot of trouble, that I'd have to deal with." He explained, cocking his head to the side.

"No point in promising I wouldn't then?" I mirrored the tilt of his head as I moved forward. He stopped me with pressure from the barrel of his gun on my chest. "Guess not."

He shook his head as he chuckled darkly. "Hate that it doesn't work that way sweetheart, especially, right now." His finger pressed against the trigger just as I threw myself down, the bullet imbedding itself into the brick wall behind me and sending bits of debris into the air.