Chapter 8: The Decision

I moved so I was now straddling him, kneeling over him so we were eye to eye. I could tell Andreas was still tentative as I wrapped my arm around his neck, grasping the side of his face with my other hand. His fingers buried themselves into the hair at the nape of my neck, grasping a fistfull lightly as his other hand squeezed my waist. I brushed my thumb over his bottom lip, the need to kiss him damn near undeniable, though the crease between his brows gave me pause.

My hand moved to smooth his frown, my forefinger rubbing the skin of his forehead. I flashed him an over-the-top, displeased look of my own. "Why so grumpy, Andre?" With the way I was feeling, I couldn't keep the expression on for long, a bright smile taking its place. He seemed to be powerless to respond to my change in expression in turn, and I rewarded him with a quick peck on the forehead. "Much better."

"Babydoll?" My other arm moved to wrap around his neck as well.

"Yes, Andre?" He seemed to be fighting an inner battle that my inebriated mind was not patient enough to wait on.

"Maybe we should-" his words died in his throat as I moved a hand down to rest over his heart, that pounded so hard I could almost feel it through his chest. My gaze was transfixed to the clumsy movements of my fingers as I undid the buttons of his shirt by his chest, exposing more of his tan skin. He couldn't seem to muster a response as I laid my palm against his smooth skin. I wonder if he looks this way all over.

I looked up to meet his eyes, leaning forwards as I inched my lips towards his. "I want to kiss you so bad right now, Andre. May I?" That had been almost exactly what he'd asked me our first actual night together. His hands came up to cup my face, his eyes studying mine.

Suddenly, Andreas' hands moved down to grasp my ass hard. As he stood, my arms instinctively tightened around his shoulders as I wrapped my legs around his waist. He moved towards the stairs up to the bedroom, and I was more than happy to comply with his wishes. Thoughts of him naked above me, flashed through my mind and in that moment, there was nothing I wanted more.

As soon as we made it up to the second floor, he dropped me onto the bed. Without a word, he walked towards the closet, grabbing a t-shirt. I couldn't think of much beyond how much I wanted him in that moment, more than happy to go along with it, when he began to remove my dress.

When he pulled out of my reach as I attempted to grasp the side of his face, my inebriation amplified the hurt I felt. I bit my lip, holding back the brunt of it all as tears began to prick at the corner of my eyes.

"Andre?" He didn't look up from trying to remove my shoe. I reached for him once more, trying to tilt his face up to look at me but he just pushed my hand away. Just like that, the dam broke and I felt thin streams of warmth running down my face. "Andreas!" He tensed at the blatant pain in my voice, his eyes widening as he finally looked up and took in my expression. It was my turn to recoil from him as he reached forward to wipe away my tears. I moved backwards until my back rested against a pillow, wrapping my arms around myself. "What did I do? Why are you treating me like this?"

He ran a hand through his hair, kicking off his shoes before moving to sit beside me. "Nicole, I can't."

I sniffled, wiping at the tears with the back of my hand. I did my best to figure out why, but damn was it difficult to think. "You don't want me anymore." I finally concluded.

Andreas chuckled darkly. "You can't even realise how wrong you are, Babydoll." His gaze raked over my body. "The things I want to do to you." He ran a hand over his mouth. "Fuck." He muttered, so softly I almost didn't hear. With that one look, he had my own libido raring to go again.

I crawled over to him, cupping his face with both hands as my eyes met his. "Show me."

He sighed, squeezing his eyes shut. "Not tonight." I opened my mouth to protest but he spoke up before I could. "Not while you're like this." He gripped my shoulders. "I've made some mistakes with you since we've met, and I don't want this to be another one of them."