Chapter 5: Tough Call

I rode home alone, which I actually appreciated greatly. It was nice to have a moment to myself for the first time since this entire mess started. The moment I get back to New York, I need to contact dad so I can finally be done with all this. My thoughts flashed back to my kidnapper, turned fiancee. How did this become my life?

The driver dropped me off at the front doors, helping me out of the car. I took my shoes off in the entry way, my feet exhausted from an entire night in the gorgeous but painful heels they had given me. By then, I was tired of appearing proper, my light, wine induced inebriation feuling my resolve. I slowly climbed the stairs to Andreas' room, needing the makeup remover Maya had left in there before I had to figure out my sleeping arrangement for tonight. Maybe that same room from before.

I did my best to open his door without making a sound, in case he was already asleep. I peeped my head in to find that he had already passed out on the bed, in his full ansemble from dinner. I made quick work of retrieving the makeup wipes and toothbrush from the bathroom before searching the closet for what they had left for me to sleep in.

All I found was a mostly transparent negligee, which was incredibly soft, but definitely not functional. Deciding I wasn't about to go to bed with all my bits hanging out, I grabbed one of Andreas' undershirts and called it a night

As I exited the closet, an arm shot out of the darkness. I almost screamed, jumping as Andreas pulled me to him. The makeup wipes made a soft thud as they slipped from my fingers. "What the hell? You scared the shit out of me." I held a hand to my chest as I let him pull me close. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Hi." I noticed the smell of whiskey on him now.

"You drank some more when you got back?"

"Just a little." I spotted two other empty bottles next to his one from earlier.

"Right." I met his gaze. "You need to head to bed."

He nodded. As I moved to leave, he tightened his grip. "Stay."

I shook my head. "I don't think that's a great idea Andre."

At that, he gave me the most sincere, adorable smile and I couldn't help that it tugged at my heart just a little. "Is that for me?"

Honestly this man confused me like no other. "What?"

"The nickname."

I sighed. "Sure."

He grasped the side of my face. "Say it again, Babydoll."

Figuring that I'd need to get him settled before I could crash myself, I played along. "Andre, I'm going to take you to bed okay?"

"Yes please, anytime, anywhere with you."

I couldn't help but smile, he was fucking endearing like this. "Is that right?" He nodded enthusiastically. I led him back to the bed. He kicked off his shoes on his own but couldn't seem to manage everything else. I removed his necktie, jacket, shirt and socks with no issue, but when it came time for his pants, he decided to start making things difficult.

As I reached for his belt, he sat up. "Give some to get some?" He mumbled.

"What are you talking about?"

He grabbed the zipper at the back of my dress, tugging it down part of the way before getting tired of having to sit up. I caught the front of the dress in case it started to fold over. "Andre, stop."

"A view for a view, Babydoll, you're just being unfair." He threw his hands up, being excessively dramatic. "Why do you get a show and I don't?"

I couldn't help my smile at his words and blatantly disappointed tone. "You're calling yourself a show?"