Beautiful Soul (Chapter three)

“Hey, hey, hey, WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?! Are you ignoring me? HEY MACY!” Tristan screamed at 12 in the afternoon.

“Chill out, bro.” Macy said sharply to her brother. Why does my stomach ache so badly? Oh right, Mark punched me. That’s what fourteen year old Macy thought to herself.

“Want to come to the mall with Louis and I” Tristan asked his sister.

“Sure. When?” Macy got out of bed, trying not to say ”ow” every time she moved. She went over to her mirror and saw how awful she looked. “AHH!” She shrieked.

“Whoa?! What?!” Tristan jumped back.

“I look like crap! Why didn’t you say anything?!” Macy started re-doing her makeup and hair, she straightened out her clothes she was wearing, and finally smiled.

“I didn’t think you looked bad.” Louis said walking into Macy’s zebra/cheetah animal print, bright teal/blue room. Awkward. Macy laughed to herself.

“What’s so funny?” Tristan walked over to his sister.

“Nothing, silly goose.”

“Haha ok, shorty.” Tristan pretended to punch his sister. When he did, she flinched. “Whoa. Uh…why’d you just flinch? Did you think I was going to actually punch you?” He gasped.

“No! Um, I don’t know why I did!” She smiled and laughed hoping he’d believe her. But she could tell by the look on her brother’s face that he knew something was what. But he wouldn’t ask in front of Louis.

“So when are you going to the movies?” Macy tried to change the subject.

“George’s mom is picking us up soon, but she said she wouldn’t mind driving you.” Louis answered. She hated how Louis tried to act all nice to her now. I mean, when they were younger he was like another big brother, but after that happened she could barely look at him.

“Yeah, his mom loves me!” Macy kiddingly said. George was Louis and Tristan’s other best friend. Always around, but kind of annoying.

“ ‘Course she does.” Tristan said sarcastically.

“Hey!” Macy playfully shoved her brother.

“Buzz!” Tristan’s phone vibrated.

“Oh it’s George, he’s here.” Tristan said, and Louis started walking out of the room, ahead of the two siblings. As Louis walked in front of them out the door, Tristan turned to his younger sister and grabbed her arm.

“What’s up? Why’d you flinch?” Tristan expressed his concern with Macy’s behavior.

“Nothing! I’m fine!” Macy smiled. She was acting as if nothing was ever wrong.

“Seriously, please tell me! I’m worried about you, Mac.” They made major eye contact. Tristan could clearly see the pain in Macy’s green eyes.

“I promise, I will if there is every something wrong.” Macy lied.

“Alright, let’s go!” Tristan smiled.

Will Macy tell her older brother by a year and a month, or will she keep on hiding her pain behind that smile she always wears?