Beautiful Soul (Chapter 7)

“Holly! You got me back!” Macy ran behind her best friend who was dribbling the basketball down the court. The clock was ticking. Macy’s team was losing, by a lot. And there was only less than a minute and a half left. Holly went up for the layup, and missed it. Now the other team quickly took the ball and ran without any defenders stopping them, and got a basket.

“BUZZ!” The clock buzzer went off. Game over. Macy looked around at all her teammate’s faces. They looked upset, annoyed, tired, and mad. But it was only their first loss in the playoffs, it was double elimination.

“It’s ok guys!” Macy smiled trying to cheer everyone up.

“Whatever.” Jackie, a teammate of Macy’s who was always negative and rude, rolled her eyes. Macy’s smile turned into a pout.

“Just ignore her.” Taylor, Macy’s other best friend patted her back.

After the talk from the coach, Macy went to find her parents in the stands. But the only person she could find was Tristan.

“Where are mom and dad?” Macy asked her older brother.

“Err. They both had to take work calls. But don’t worry; they saw all your great plays and shots!” Tristan grabbed his sister’s arm and walked with her to the door to the parking lot.

“Of course.” Macy mumbled. Her parents rarely watched any of her sport games. Well scratch that, her mother usually did. But her father, not so much. But Tristan was always there for his little sister.

“What was that?” Tristan raised his eyebrows. “Come on Macy! Don’t be that way.” He signed and kept walking, holding her arm.

“Err. Can you let go?” Macy shook him off.

“Sorry, I just want to get out of here, no offense.” Tristan answered her.

“PUSH UP COMPETION!” Tristan’s best friend, Louis yelled. It was a Friday night and Macy was spending it with her brother and his friend. She thought it was a loser-type thing. But then she remembered how some people told her they wish they could hang out with Tristan and Louis all the time like she does.

“Macy you go first!” Tristan shouted. Macy sighed, got into push up position and started going.

“ONE!” Tristan and Louis sang out in unison. Macy just rolled her eyes. “TWO! THREE! FOUR! FIVE! SIX! SEVEN!” And then she fell.

“Wow. You’re weak.” Louis laughed. Macy kicked him in his knees and he fell to the ground.

“Only my arms!” She giggled.

“Alright my turn!” Tristan got into push up position. And practically before Macy could even blink he already beat her record.

“42!” Tristan smiled and got up. “Beat that, kid.” He smirked at Louis.

“Will do.” Louis got down like the other two have and started doing pushups. After like a minute he collapsed. “42! YEAAH BUDDY.” Louis did a mimic of Pauly D.

“We need a tie-breaker now.” Tristan thought aloud.

“Let’s see how many pushups we can do with Macy on our back.” Louis suggested.

“NO!” Macy screamed in protest. If she did that she’d either one, be embarrassed because they couldn’t do any. Or two, end up breaking her arm.

“Come on Macy! You don’t weight that much, it’ll be a great tie-breaker!” Louis got on his knees in a pleading position and begged.

“Fine.” Macy gave in and rolled her eyes.

“ME FIRST!” Tristan got in pushup position and Macy un-steadily sat on her brother’s back. Awkward? Yes.

“Four.” Tristan collapsed.

“Wow. Thanks, buddy.” Macy looked annoyed. She hated when people had to lift her, she always got responses that she weighed too much or didn’t weigh enough.

“My turn!” Louis did the same thing Tristan did except… “EIGHT!” Louis screamed as Macy rolled onto the floor and he hopped up.

“I win!” Louis smiled a perfect smile. Before they could ask where she was going, Macy ran to get her phone, she’d been waiting for a text from Noah. But instead she had a voicemail from a restricted number. She listened to it very closely.

“TRISTAN!” Macy yelled in fear. What did the voicemail say?