[8] Crap

Steve P.O.V

After firing a grenade at the girl and Bucky, I grabbed Nat and got the bejeebers out of there. I was worried that I had hurt Bucky. And I was shocked that he was alive. How? And who was that girl?

Those questions would have to wait because right now Nat needed medical attention and we needed to get somewhere safe.

We headed back to S.H.I.E.L.D HQ.

I dropped Nat off at the infirmary, then told Fury, that when she woke up, we would brief him.

Nat woke up in about half an hour and was raging mad. She really didn't like the idea of being beat up by a kid or at having been knocked unconscious. After the doctors checked up on her, we met Fury in his office.

"So, what the hell happened to you two? How did some one ambush two of my best people?" He asked.

"Try two people." Nat grumbled. She did not like losing.

"There were two of them," I clarified, "One was Bucky Barnes, my old friend, the other looked familiar, but I don't remember. When I called him by name, he didn't seem to recognize himself or me."

"They were both definitely enhanced. I shot the girl twice, and she healed almost immediately." Nat said.

"The girl caught my shield." Fury looked surprised and impressed.

"Wow. They must have elite training and enhancements." He said.

"She only looked about 16. Maybe a little older, but definitely too young to be a soldier." Nat seemed disturbed. We all knew that she was thinking of her past in the KGB, where they took young girls and trained them as spies.

"I threw a grenade at them, but I doubt they are dead. No one like that would be stopped by a grenade. It probably just distracted them long enough so that we could get outta there." I said grimly. Truthfully, I didn't want to hurt Bucky. I was sure that there was a way to save him. Bring him back to us. And the girl whoever she was. No kid deserves that life.

"Okay. Get some rest, you two. We'll figure this out." Fury dismissed us and told us to relax. Tomorrow we could try and find out who they were.

After we left his office, Nat stopped me. "Keep your eyes and ears open, Rogers. They'll be back. They didn't seem like the kind to give up that easily. And also, from the looks of your friend Bucky, I think we may be dealing with the Winter Soldier."

"Who?"

"He's a myth to most, but he is always said to have a metal arm. He has been linked to over 300 assassinations over the past 70 years, maybe more. If that girl has been working with him, I'm guessing it's on the more side of the scale. Either way, be prepared. He may not be the guy you knew anymore." She left me standing there wondering if  that was true. Was Bucky a murderer? After today's events, it seemed likely.